• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
C_W

Omp Performance Brake Pads?

C_W

I keep seeing loads of these OMP Performance Sport brake pads on Ebay and they seem really cheap, just wondering if anyone has used them? I'm not wanting a set of track pads for the 205 as they probably won't be that great on track but might be better than OE pads. Also, they are less than £30 for M3 pads for my BMW which need replacing soon (only need OE or fast road pads on that).

OT7434.jpg

RobMGti

A friend has a set on his CTR and hasnt noticed much difference to the standard Honda pads. He certainly hasnt noticed them being any worse (just rang him to find out - yes im that bored)

I know the 971C pads always seem to have good reports from the rallye lads who use them.

Rob

pug_ham

I mentioned them to Miles last year & he didn't rate the OMP stuff that highly afaik.

Graham.

veloce200

Question to ask is are they Reg90 approved or E Marked - E90. If they are then by law they can't be more than 15% better or worse than OE. Great bit of law for preventing chocolate pads being sold anymore but rubbish for performance pads - hence ds2500 and ds3000 are NOT reg 90 approved and nor do they ever intend to be as they would have to make them WORSE to comply!!!!

Gotta love the EU :) Protect the numpty and spoil the fun of the enthusiast !

Edited by veloce200

Rippthrough
Question to ask is are they Reg90 approved or E Marked - E90. If they are then by law they can't be more than 15% better or worse than OE. Great bit of law for preventing chocolate pads being sold anymore but rubbish for performance pads - hence ds2500 and ds3000 are NOT reg 90 approved and nor do they ever intend to be as they would have to make them WORSE to comply!!!!

Gotta love the EU :) Protect the numpty and spoil the fun of the enthusiast !

I think it's 5% worse or 15% better.

Doesn't mean they won't fade like buggery though.

Hilgie

They are hardly any better than standard pads and wear very quickly. Someone on the dutch forum had them on and they were on the metal after an afternoon on the track.

Definately a no-no

slider2

cant comment on the pads but ive got some omp drilled and grooved discs which seem fine to me. they feel a little better than standard but ive only done about 1k miles on them so far so cant vouch for longetivity yet.

Sign in to follow this