• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Inlet Manifolds For Bike Tb's

pugpete1108

yeah , want to do a bike tb' coversion but am unsure what inlet manifolds (standard) i can cut down to use as a stub manifold , i was informed mi16 one but cannot for the life of me find one anywhere , any of you guys got one??

if not are there any other pug modeks with similar inlets that will bolt on and accept hose connected to tb's,.

getting there slowly !!! very slowly

DrSeuss

You won't fit the mi16 to an 8v, no way no how.

can't think of one off the shelf for an 8v.

pugpete1108
You won't fit the mi16 to an 8v, no way no how.

can't think of one off the shelf for an 8v.

oh great, i'm sure i read on here somewhere that someone was using one on an 8v , must have been my bad eyesight , don't suppose the std 8v can be shortened in anyway, its justbthat i wanted to keep the std injectors thats all.

RobMGti

You will need to have one made up.

Bogg Brothers LTD are a good place to start. They charge alot for doing it but ive seen 3 manifolds made by them for Bike Carbs/ TB's and they have all looked superb. Quite a waiting list last i heard though.

Rob

keith

what about the s16 inlet manifold?

DrSeuss

Errrrr, for an 8v?

s16 manifold can be cut down to be used like tb's if you reaaaaalllly want to. but its a bit of a pain.

M3Evo

Presumably you could cut the flange from the 8v manifold and have some stubs welded on for the TBs?

Might take some manipulation of the stubs though as the ports are kinda rectangular iirc?

Not sure that you could really cut the standard manifold down to use the existing runners as they're paired together so there wouldn't be any room to get the rubber connector things for the TBs on.

Did occur to me a while ago that you could potentially run 2 throttles, one for cyls 1&2 and t'other for 3&4.

pugpete1108
Errrrr, for an 8v?

s16 manifold can be cut down to be used like tb's if you reaaaaalllly want to. but its a bit of a pain.

will the s16 fit then , i actually saw a thread on here for doing this ,this is where i got the idea from ,obviously i cant use the 8v manifold as it is square and cast in two pairs , but the mi and presumably the s16 are round and single cast are they not?

DrSeuss

Sorry Pete.

No 16v manifold will fit an 8v engine, the ports are completely wrong and in the wrong place. I was referring to their use on an mi16 engine.

No, i think a custom manifold is your only option and will require pretty major fabrication. By the time you've paid someone, jenvey's would be cheaper.

RobMGti

Bogg Brothers will charge him from £250 for an easy one to around £350 for a bloody difficult one. I dont consider it bad value for the quality of work produced.

jochem

Keep in mind that the various types of bike tb's also differ in spacing. There isn't a universal fitment.

Baz

there's a company that does inlet manifolds for popular bike carbs/tb conversions for Mi's, just not sure if for an 8v. I'll try and dig it out the info a bit later. :wacko:

Edited by BazGTMi

rally ax

Well I just had one made by Steve at Bogg bros for my TU . I sent him down my motorbike T/B's to get the spacings right,he had it made in less than 2 weeks ! .

I'm well impressed with the finished product and would have no problem recommending them.T/B's

cost £100 and the custom manifold was less than £200 inc del (didn't need inj holes,already in the head :) )

I would say that they are better value for money than "off" the shelf items if your prepared to do

some leg work.

Make sure that you get the airbox when buying s/h bodies so that you can get the ram pipes ,usually they are 2 different lenths ,just order 2 new ones of the lenth that fits inside the airfilter you plan to use.

Phone Steve at Bogg Bros on 01944 738 234 and get a quote ,then you can decide the best way to go

Cheers

Sign in to follow this