• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rooster

Worried ,oil Breather

rooster

ok i have a 1.6 CTI

i went to top up the oil (have small leak only small amount lost over 4 months at a time)

the breather filled with brown soup , now i have had a new head gasket and head and the car does not use coolant at all as i havent filled it for 6 months and the mark hasnt moved in the coolant tank.

so is it condensation ??

i have a stainless filter with no oiled cloth in it , i was summising that damp air be let in more

plus i turned the engine on after the oil top up and opened the breather cap and it was like a volcano spitting brown oil at me ;)

im confused and im worried it may be the start of something expensive :blink:

ok to sum up

1 car running fine no overheating etc

2 no coolant loss

3 rattles a bit when starting up from the top of the engine then settles down

4 soup in breather but not on dip stick

was it just water in the breather bit coming out, will this evaporate if i run it a while

confused big time

let me kmow your thoughts please

tidypug

I wouldn't worry about the mayo you've got in the filler neck, in the winter its a common problem. Use the search button its been covered many times before.

mickie

quick question, will a 1.9 OIL FILLER BREATHER fit a 1.6 one, sorry for off topic, cant fine anything in search

Sign in to follow this