• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Injector Cleaning

Ryan

What's the cheapest place to get a set of injectors cleaned?

The best I can find is £12 each which I thought was a bit much?

DrSeuss

There's a guy on the megasquirt forums who does it for 25 quid a set. He doesn't flow test them afterwards, but uses the correct ultrasonic bath required. And fits new filter baskets.

jonD6B

I was told by the guy who tuned my engine that the injectors on the 205 GTI's are always immaculate and should never need cleaning. Is this true or was he talking poo? :huh:

Guest DRUE1

talking poo.my mate had a 205 and he got the injectors done and they where every where.so its worth doing.he said it felt like a new car to drive

Rob_the_Sparky

Agreed, he is talking poo.

Just had mine done here Injector Cleaning by post and the test results showed a significant improvement on some of the flow rates and the car feels better at the top end.

They aren't bad on price and service was excellent (pretty much return of post). All new parts, all old bits returned, injectors in numbered bags and includes the test report.

Rob

Ryan

Thats the place I had in mind.

I've heard people mention £25 per set, but they never say where it was actually done...

Bonzai

there was a guy on migweb offering a servcie for £25, but that was many months ago now and i havent been back since

jonah

Bit sceptical of injector cleaning myself, I've never seen petrol flow leave deposits, let alone at an injector tip where it is being forced out at high pressure. FWIW I had my engine checked on a rolling road last year and the fuelling was still spot on after 130k+ miles (made a very healthy power figure too!). Surely if it was true that injectors clog up with age then it should have been running lean by now? And any bits of grit large enough to cause a blockage should get trapped by the filter bucket.

Might be worth doing if there is a fuelling problem on specific cylinder(s), i.e. spark plugs are different colours, but I've never heard of this happening...

DrSeuss

I think alot of it is down to stuff like lacquer building up inside the injector from chemicals in the fuel etc. so although the flow may be similar to new the spray pattern is out.

Anyway, i'll pm you the guys details if you want Ryan?

Rob_the_Sparky

Can guarantee you that it makes a difference, not huge in my case but you can feel the difference in top end go and my car is now richer than ever at tick-over!

Clearly how much difference depends on the car. Oh, and lead compounds were originally introduced into petrol to prevent the build up of "laquer". The other effects were helpful side effects rather than intention...

Guest yaztromo

Think I'm with Jonah on this one. Petrol shouldnt leave deposits, in fact it does the opposite and cleans, especially in a high pressure system as such as fuel injection.

rich_w

It shouldn't but something happens, I had a set of injectors on my old 1.9 cleaned - one of the injectors was quite a bit down of flow....I can't say how much difference there was as i was putting a modd'ed enigne.

BUT they do 'catch' something...

Guest DRUE1

but you still get crud from the bottom of the tank.some people drive about on the red :( so that clogs up your injectors as well

Ryan

Not if the fuel filter is doing it's job, and the sock filter on the pump, or the tiny filter inside the injectors.

I recon it's a bit of a myth that fuel tanks collect crap in the bottom.

Rob_the_Sparky

Not a myth but the filters do deal with it, and not guaranteed to happen. It depends how much crap is in the fuel going into the tank and how often you run close to empty. If you regularly run the tank low it can't build up it is only if you don't normally run it low then run it to empty that it can happen.

Rob

tom_m

technically its not on the bottom, but floats on the top of the fuel, since the fuel pump draws from the bottom of the tank.

Guest LittleRocket

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/txt.htm

Top feed rail mounted petrol injectors @ £11.75 each inc VAT

SPI petrol injectors @ £23.50 each inc VAT

Hose type petrol injectors @ £14.10 each inc VAT

Top feed rail mounted petrol injectors (Sport Service) @ £21.15 each inc

Probably a daft question but which service will I need to get my injectors cleaned? If the garage is still fannying around with my car I'm gonna see if it is the injectors that need cleaning. I'm guessing its the top feed rail mounted one - but is it worth going for the sport service or not?

Rick

Ryan

Yep, rail mounted ones.

I don't know about the sport service, I guess it just means a faster turnaround. I used the normal service and I posted them off on a monday and they arrived back nice and clean on the wednesday.

Rippthrough
Yep, rail mounted ones.

I don't know about the sport service, I guess it just means a faster turnaround. I used the normal service and I posted them off on a monday and they arrived back nice and clean on the wednesday.

Just cleaned at different pulsing rates, and the flow graph is given for different pressure and pulse rates.

Sign in to follow this