• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant

605 Engine Number Location ?

Ant

Hi all,

following the post from the last couple of days ...

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=54644

ive done got a lovelly R reg 605 sitting on my drive..

Just got a couple of questions before i start ripping it out..

In the previous topic Lee said the RGX or RGY number was below the alternator. Ive looked high and low and cant see it anywhere.. Its pretty tight in there with the altenator, pas pump, air con etc, but i cant see it. Can anyone give me a specific place to look

Also, ive read all the topics on removing the pug immobiliser, and they all say start the car up ( which i can do ) then disconnect the immobiliser unit while running. Ive found the ecu and its not next to that. Any idea where it is on 605. Its got a keypad immobiliser, but i want to lose that if possible but just unplugging the immobiliser while running.

I'm at my mums now, so i wont have net access until monday but i'll get here to check for replies B) ( thanx mum ) .. Ill also get some nice progress pics..

Cheers for the help

Ant

sonofsam

Keypad immob is usually in the cabin infront of the gearstick.

Yeh those numbers are quite faint ,its kinda directly below starter motor IIRC,were the block starts to slarnt at an angle.

hope this helps a bit B)

Sam.

sonofsam

Dont know to be honest if you will see it with the engine in bay and all ancillaries attached,i only stumbled across my number when starring at it head on

number is Below my dump valve ish

Ant

Cheers Sam :D

Massive Help...

After god knows how many hours i finally found the code... And its an RGX :D

So from what ive read that makes it the 150 BHP model, not the 139 :P So i'm well chuffed and releived. .

Finally found the code at about 2.30 this afternoon :D It was on the block, left right of the old filter, and jst above where itjoins the sump :huh:

So thats one deliema out of the way.. Gonna keep the engine now. Was debating on floggin the car if it was the RGY engine

As for the immobiliser, ive found the keypad ( behind the gearstick ) but im after the wires that you can disconnect when the engines running to stop the immobilser link closing..

There is a little black connector with a red push in part that was strapped to the NS shock. This clicks a few seconds after i turn the engine off, so i presumed it was this. If this isnt connected, the both the red and green keypad lights are on.. But if i disconnect when running, the engine cuts out and the lights come on..

Anyone know how to totally bi pass the keypad. I dont really wanna have it immobilised in my 205.

Cheers

Ant

Sign in to follow this