• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Trigger Wheel Mounting And Type?

pugpete1108

hi all , currently converting my 8v 1.9 to bike tb's and emerald management , just a bit confused what trigger wheel do i need is it 36-1 ?? and where is the best place to mount mount it? also how do i time it right does it fire at tdc on cylinder 1 ? and where can i get a sensor that will run on emerald and the correct trigger wheel

cheers guys

Jonmurgie

I believe that as Pugs use Bosch ECU's you will require a 60-2 trigger... as for the rest I can't help you I'm affraid.

As a side, I notice your fitting bike carbs... have you been reading the recent threads regarding Bike Carbs and the issues with getting a decent inlet manifold? Have you sorted an inlet manifold yet, and if so what have you done?

Hilgie

Emerald can handle Bosch 60-2 signals, so I suggest you get a flywheel with a TDC ring (get one from a Mi16, you'll have a bigger clutch as bonus)

feb

afaik the emerald can support 60-2, 36-1 and a lot more trigger wheels, but best to speak to emerald , they are very helpful.

DrSeuss

Most ecu's worth their salt should cope with most layouts. For a bolt on trigger wheel solution speak to Mattsav, he should sort you out with whats required.

feb

Miles can also supply you with a trigger wheel kit.

pugpete1108

As a side, I notice your fitting bike carbs... have you been reading the recent threads regarding Bike Carbs and the issues with getting a decent inlet manifold? Have you sorted an inlet manifold yet, and if so what have you done?

i haven't as yet but im looking at fitting a shortened mi manifold and keeping the injectors etc for that , but havent really got that far yet , don't really know if they fit?/ any ideas other than that?

DrSeuss

for one thing, the mi manifold won't fit the 8v head. For two you want gsxr bodies from 2001-2003 as they're individual, later bodies became joined.

You'll probably want to speak to bogg brothers about a manifold, but don't expect much change. Unless you are going to make one yourself.

pugpete1108
for one thing, the mi manifold won't fit the 8v head. For two you want gsxr bodies from 2001-2003 as they're individual, later bodies became joined.

You'll probably want to speak to bogg brothers about a manifold, but don't expect much change. Unless you are going to make one yourself.

they got a website by any chsnce? cheers guys , it hink this is going in two different forums lol

pete

guess i am prety buggeed as this was supposed to be a budget build ( apart from the management side of it)

DrSeuss

If its got tits or tyres it'll be expensive.

Sign in to follow this