• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ashlee205gti

Body Panels

ashlee205gti

Im looking for a company that supply body panels, mainly French but all makes and models would be a bonus. Anyone on here now of anyone selling good quality copies? A shove in the right direction would be great.

Ryan

Neat Autos (www.parts4peugeot.com) do some - wings, bonnet, tailgate...

I can't speak for the quality though as I've never bought any.

cybernck

painguy, where do you get yours? :D

M@tt

http://www.perfectpanels.co.uk/

hadrian are one of the major suppliers of replacement panels and i believe paintguys replacement wings were those and mine were also definately them and they were found to be a good match for the originals, better than alot of others.

HTH

Matt

Paintguy
painguy, where do you get yours? ;)

I source most of our non-OE panels through a company called Auto Supplies. They're mainly manufactured by SVG, or as Matt says, Hadrian.

I've dealt with Auto Supplies, and their owner Dave, for at least 5 or 6 years, and would recommend them to anyone. They not only supply paint and panels, but a vast selection of tools, equipment, and service items.

Unfortunately their online shop still isn't active (he can't seem to find the time to get it sorted), but they can take orders over the phone, and he tells me they can deliver nationally.

I'm also trying to persuade him to give us a forum discount, but being a canny businessman, he want to know what he'll get in return, lol!

jim205GTI

haha a bloody lot of money i bet!!!! i bet theres a few on here who would like a few replacement wings etc.......................... i know i am one of them :huh:

Foltan

me too! :(

Guest percy

Paintguy,

I have just viewed the beautiful pictures of your finished GTI - looks amasing! Can I ask you a couple of questions:

1.What colour silver have you used on the wheels - do you have a code. I am just about to attempt to refurb mine but not sure which silver to use.

2. Can you give any tips on getting a good finish, I have all the kit, compressor, good spay gun etc.. but the last time I attempted any spraying the laquer orange peeled. I bought it ready thinned, tried different pressures but couldn't get the finish right.

3. I have some rust on the lower rear quarter (around the seam and wheel arch), whats the best way of treating?

4. Can you recommend a good book for the novice sprayer

Cheers.

Sign in to follow this