• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest johan 309gti16

Oil Consumption

Guest johan 309gti16

Hello,

My peugeot 309GTI16, with 237000 km (148000 miles) on the clock, has oil consumption 1 litre on 4500 km (2800 miles) is that much? When driving the car there is no bleu smoke, only when the car is running idle, and I give a lot of gas there is some bleu smoke out the exhaust. The colour of the oil is after 2000km, when I refresh it not much changed.

thank you for any command

ashley peddle

my gti (8v) uses about half a litre every 2.5k miles - thats a mix of soft/hard driving on both motorway and through town. mine is on 80k miles :D

ashlee205gti

Do a compression test to make sure your piston rings are ok, if they are its more likely to be the valve stem seals. 1 litre for 2,500 miles seems like a lot to me. I very rarely need to top up between 6,000 mile oil changes.

cybernck

my uses a litre every 1000 kilometers (not miles :):D) but my stem seals are gone :o.

and it can get worse, you've no idea what imact these pesky buggers have when worn!

does your car smoke? if so, when?

DrSeuss

by the end of its life my 1.6 was burning about 1ltr every 300 miles. Most of that was stem seals.

Butler

Sounds like stems seals to me. Its not a lot of oil, but it will only get worse.

Higgy

I just put about 1/2 litre in my 205 Mi since doing about 900miles.

My 405 GLX with a genuine 55K on the clock uses 1 ltr per 1000 miles. It does not drip or is there any visable smoke!

There is a knock when the engine is cold (piston slap) so I guess oil passes by the rings while its cold?

My old XR2i smoked on start-up when left overnight due to valve stem seals, but I did not have to top it up much. I guess it only needs a small amount of oil to produce the smoke.

Higgy.

Guest johan 309gti16

There is no visible smoke when driving it. Only when I stand still, and give playing with gas throttle to about 6500 rpm there is some visible smoke. I read that the stem seals are likely the problem ;) .

Guest Sonny
There is no visible smoke when driving it. Only when I stand still, and give playing with gas throttle to about 6500 rpm there is some visible smoke. I read that the stem seals are likely the problem :) .

What kind of oil are you using?

Try something thicker...

I'm using Motul 300V 15W50...

Regards

Alexandre

Edited by Sonny

Guest johan 309gti16

I'm using Castrol GTX magnatec 10W40.

Sign in to follow this