• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Cobra Side Mount Subframes

Edd-XS

right i dont really wanna pay the price cobra are after for their side mount frames when everyone else seems to do them much cheaper! does anyone know from experience if any other manufacturers will fit the cobra seats? rumour has it sparco do, but others would be useful.

Thanks!

Edd

jonD6B

Have you actually been in touch with Cobra or a place that sells them? I payed £20 for alloy side mounts when I went in and spoke to them. :D

SPGTi

IIRC all side mounts are a std size. Rally design do some good priced alloy ones.

Steve

juhis

i got OMP mount´s on my cobras.

Jonmurgie

I don't think they are all the same... but I have it on good authority that Sparco side mounts are supposed to fit Cobra seats...

However, I've also be made aware that the alloy mounts aren't that much lighter as they are 5mm think as apposed to the 3mm thick steel ones.

Jonmurgie

Right, just called Cobra and here are the weights:

Steel Side Mounts - 2kg / pair

Alloy Side Mounts - 1.5kg / pair

So there we go, not really worth the extra for alloy with a saving of only 1kg!!

Edd-XS

thanks jon! i might get OMP mounts then as will be getting an OMP cage aswell as soon as funds allow. either those or the sparco ones as they look identical to the cobras without the cobra sign on!

Thanks

Edd

evouk

Hi all,

Yes theres hardly any difference in weight between the two!!!!

Hows the cars?

Cashy

cobra seats supplier

Edd-XS

Cars going alrite thanks mate. After getting the engine out/rebuilt/fitted it appears funds will be low so the seats will have to wait till next month :) not long though as its february so about 3 weeks to go before i can actually sit on a seat in my car again! wahoo!

Edd

Sign in to follow this