• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Frequentflyer

Cti - Door Cards

Frequentflyer

My current door cards finish some two to three inches from the top of the door - level with the top of the speaker grill - leaving a strip of body coloured paint before you reach the rubber window seal.

Can one find door cards - for a CTi - that will cover the whole door? In what respects are CTi doors different to any other 3 door 205 models? In other words can one use door panels off say a GTI on a CTi?

Also what about the cards under the opening rear quarter light in a CTi - same question?

Thanks for any input.

Roy

DaveW

i dont think theres much difference on the door card part from it has the huge door lock pin which the base models use, you just need to retro fit the thin door lock pin so its like a gti one.

Guest nigeltwo205s
i dont think theres much difference on the door card part from it has the huge door lock pin which the base models use, you just need to retro fit the thin door lock pin so its like a gti one.

Hi

I've seen a Gti door card modified to fit by cutting round the locking pin. the top will fit under the window rubber but you will probably need some glue to keep it all down.

The one I saw looked good though, so if you're good at this sort of thing give it a go.

Nigel

205 Cti

205 Auto

Guest smokinslim

The rear cards are different shape to standard ones. I've jus got a set of grey cti ones off ebay for next to nothing, much better than the standard blue interior of my cj (grey's still pants tho so they may get painted yet!)

DaveW
Hi

I've seen a Gti door card modified to fit by cutting round the locking pin. the top will fit under the window rubber but you will probably need some glue to keep it all down.

The one I saw looked good though, so if you're good at this sort of thing give it a go.

Nigel

205 Cti

205 Auto

i did this on my old 1.1 while it did work, it looked awful as it looked hacked about so i fitted the thin pin type which was a pain but worth it :D

Sign in to follow this