• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Cant Get My Pug 205 In 3rd Gear? Why? Help!

yorkshirekowboy

Hi,

when i started my pug this cold morning i left it running to get warm, when i came back i heard a grinding noise, squeky noise coming from my transmission!!! It must have been my gear box!! the car was in neutral, and it seem it was in 3rd gear as u could feel it pulling the car abit hence the noise!!! i have noiced my clutch was slipping the night before, but now i cant get my car into 3rd, even when the engines off, it feels like thiers somthing in the way of getting of 3rd gear. all the other gears work fine!! Can it be my clutch? or is my gear box knackard?

Help would be very welcome!!!!

Thanks

Dan

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds like the synchromesh has gone inside the gearbox, is it a 1.6? Ive got a spare box I'll sell cheap and not too far from you.

Redtop

You'll have to take the gearbag out now anyway to get a better look and fix the problem. Seen 206's having a crunching problem going inot 3rd, and it's been the synchromesh that has gone and needed to replace 3rd gear as well. Hard to say for def at the minuite though, but sounds like you'll need a good mechanic on the job to possibly give the box a good overhaul.

yorkshirekowboy

hi,

yeah my cars a 1.6 my other 205 had no trouble with gears werid. that gearbox? is it the reverse one behind 5th? as mines a phase two

thanks

Richie-Van-GTi

nope its a lift reverse above first.

Sign in to follow this