• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mad Professor

Emerald - Load Sites

Mad Professor

Hi All.

I have been going over a few Emerald fig files.

The RPM bins are just that, but what are the Load Sites?

Is that just thay way of saying MAP?

Thanks for your time.

Anthony

Load could be MAP or could be TPS based - I believe it can be setup for either.

Mad Professor

If it was for say MAP, how would one know what Site Load is what MAP?

Sandy

As far as i'm aware, the Emerald M3D only uses TPS as main load, you set the open and closed positions and the ECU divides the increments between the two automatically.

ECU's that can use MAP as load usually have a scaling curve facility that spaces the load sites to give good progression between sites, bearing in mind that the change in manifold pressure is not linear with the changes in air quantity. This is also true of throttle position based load, especially if "large" bore throttles are used. Compressing the sites to give good resolution of the initial throttle opening, makes mapping easier and improves the end result.

charlie_sav

but you would mainly use map as load with a pressure charged engine, then the voltage from the map sensor would be related to your load sites, then the ecu would look at TP for acceleration fueling as the map sensor would be too slow to respond, also to check if it is in overrun or ment to be at idle. or you can have load set as TP, and then seperate maps for map/boost setting, so boost pressure is diectly related to TPS.

Edited by charlie_sav

M3Evo

Pretty sure boost pressure isn't directly linked to TPS (certainly where turbo chargers are concerned).

You snap the throttle open from idle in 4th gear and that WOT will not correspond to full boost.

I'd go as far as to say that boost pressure is largely independent of TPS.

Sandy

A friend of mine has mapped a couple VAG 1.8T engines on Emerald and iirc he used TPS as main load with correction by MAP.

M3Evo

That's exactly how mine's set up (now I've got the MAP sensor working :ph34r: )

Sandy

Works then hopefully B)

M3Evo

Dunno yet, only just finished lowering the boost setting and connecting the actuator rods up B)

Sign in to follow this