• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edd-XS

Oil Everwhere?!

Edd-XS

right my mates XS threw abit of a tantrum on the motorway the other day in the form of the old KnN falling apart causing the carb to have a spaz so we ended up needing to be towed home (120 miles!)

Anyway i got a new KnN for the car, and fitted it today along with a new jet (size 122 apparentely) and the car now runs and is driveable. problem is, after doing about one mile, its thrown loads of oil out the breather hose pretty much covering the inside of the new filter!

DSC00224a.jpg

what u can see just to the right of the filter is a quick attempt at a catch tank i threw together to try and stop so much oil going directly into the filter. what could be causing this you think? piston rings gone? what also might be related is the engine revs drop very slowly especially from 2k to 1k...

this is my mates car and there is always something going wrong with it and im the one that seems to end up helping him out with it all the time!

what u think?

Edd

j_turnell

You need one of those small Pipercross breathers, buy one from Halfrauds or something.

Sandy

Blow post most likely yes. I presume it gets a beating?

ablister

choke...

stu_woac

mine spits oil everywhere this is why I dont open my bonnet at shows also at castlecoombe last time I heard a hugh pop and thought what the F was that slowed down a little engine was running fine so I carryed on got to the paddocks opened the bonnet to find the breather filter had shot off LOL

Rippthrough

Our's seems to blow out quite a lot of oil oit too (although it doesn't actually seem to use any), probably because it gets a pasting.

Sign in to follow this