• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-hysteria

Twin Head Lamps Good Or Not?

gti-hysteria

do u think twin headlamps look good on a stardard gti/cti the type which have to have the indicators put sumwhere else??? or just keep standard headlamps?

vern

I have them fitted on my cti and think they look alright, but as with anything that changes from original spec, people will moan about it and slate you for being different.

Jonmurgie

If you've got them, use them but I don't think they are worth the £££ if you have to buy them new :blink:

The ones with the relocated indicators are by far the nicest too :P

Ryan

The car is quite angular, so the round lights don't really suit it IMO. Also there isn't a lot of space so the lights have to be quite small, making them look even worse.

gti-hysteria

vern do u have a pic of yours please mate??

vern

I agree with jon about price, I would not buy at full price. I got mine off ebay for £100 brand new.

I will try and post pics at wend.

jonD6B

I don't know anything about them but pics of the 'Angel eyes' ones look O.K. Have seen them on ebay.

munky205

Like most people on here im a purist so its a no from me,keep it looking as square and nasty as possible,just the way we like them :)

SPetrie

Not for me, i think standard phase 2 lights look best. Stu

Edd-XS

well i like mine :) and i dont care who doesnt, cos its my car!

hench205ness.jpg

But in reality it does look alot better, will get better pics soon as i make some progress!

Edd

Ric Handley

hi

I have had twin headlights on my smokers white XS for a few years now. I have also got the St Tropez front valance. I think the round spot lamp holes in the valance compliment the twin lights well.....more so than the standard retangular driving lights.

I havent had any problems with them, just have to make sure that they are secured properly and set them up correctly (quite tricky). They dont take too long to fit, and you can always swap them over if you dont like them!

Here are a couple of photos:-

205xstwin7fl.th.jpg 205xstwin20bi.th.jpg

tom_m
well i like mine :) and i dont care who doesnt, cos its my car!

But in reality it does look alot better, will get better pics soon as i make some progress!

Edd

edd is yours going to be running for the next south meet? i am suprised how much i like that look in your pics and can't wait to see it in the flesh!

gti-hysteria

cheers guys, must admit i do like the twins with st tropez, but think standard valence has to keep standard lights, so im still undicided wat to do.

timmsy19
edd is yours going to be running for the next south meet? i am suprised how much i like that look in your pics and can't wait to see it in the flesh!

ive been up close and this looks the nuts. :)

hodgy

they were the lights i wanted, think they look alot better than mine!!!

Edd-XS

thanks for nice words guys! i doubt it'll be up and running before the south meet, still needs an Mi engine (see other thread about my 405!) buckets, harnesses and prefereably roll cage, then silly bits like steering rack etc to get it through an MOT. it WILL be at a south meet this year though. i promise you!

Ill cry if its not!!

Edd

Rob_the_Sparky
well i like mine :P and i dont care who doesnt, cos its my car!

Edd

I think this is the point, if you like them and think it is worth while then go for it. Not my cup of tea but then it is not my car...

Sign in to follow this