• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grand Monkey

The Bookshelf Spoiler

Guest Grand Monkey

As some may know, my pug has one of those lovely Peugeot aftermarket bookshelfs on the back. I'm wanting to remove it. As far as i can see its only held on by 2 bolts through the bootlid. Is it likely to be bonded on as well? Also whats the best way of repairing the holes on the bootlid afterwards?

sonofsam

Have a look round the edges of the spoiler for any glue drips or marks.all i did when smoothing of holes for rear wiper was attach a small bit of ali behind the hole with no more nials and fill over the top with Galvaplast or body filler.

hope this helps :blink:

and if it is bonded on a bit of heat from a blow lamp of something softer will ease the glue off

Edited by sonofsam

allanallen

if thats it on the picture on the side bar thingy, it strangely looks good???

from the side anyway they all look bad from the back tho. i saw the picture earlyer and thought you pulled it off well, but you should probly pull it off.

pug_ham

There was one fitted to my old diesel 205 which I removed. Two bolts either side & sealant held it on.

Shouldn't be to hard to fill the holes but I hope whoever fitted it was higher skilled than the chimp that had done that one. Figure of eight holes anyone?? If you know someone skilled with a welding gun they should be able to fill the holes nicely but it'kll need painting again afterwards.

Sealant remains just cleaned off eventually.

Graham.

Guest eddscruff

That spoiler does look pretty good. Is it only because the picture is so small?

Anyone have any pics or know what the spoilers called? :wacko:

Sign in to follow this