• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Amping Speakers

allanallen

i have a spare 4way amp is it worth amping my alpine speakers (13cm 100w)???

:angry:

timmsy19
i have a spare 4way amp is it worth amping my alpine speakers (13cm 100w)???

:angry:

simple answer is yes. if its possible all upgraded speakers should be amped. reason being is that it gives better sound and takes the strane off the headunit.

some people dont bother but it makes for perfect setup

Edited by timmsy19

jeremy

It depends on the amp and headunit imo as many of the headunits these days have higher outputs than some of the older 4 channel amps. What amp is it?

allanallen
It depends on the amp and headunit imo as many of the headunits these days have higher outputs than some of the older 4 channel amps. What amp is it?

its an old ppi it was mint in its day still is pretty damn good 4 channel 100w per channel so about 75w in the real world.

the head unit is pionear last years top model it has pre outs for front and rear speakers

jeremy

I have never heard of PPI, so would have no idea, but if it was me and you wanted to deepen the base then us it to drive a sub, but other than that I probabbly wouldn't bother as you head unit sounds great already.

What I will say is if you want to amp the front speaker get an Alpine MRP T220 iirs as I have the MRP F240 (4 channel) which is fantastic value for money, and can be bought for around £90 on Ebay or go for the 2 channel one for obviosly less money. I also use the MRP M350 iirc too. Over all I was so impressed I have these both in my 1.6, and 1.9, let the chav comments fly!!!!

timmsy19

i think the main thing is as long as it sounds good to you then its fine.

alot of people will have diffrent opinions but we can all appreciate listening to music.

so its really what you want it to sound like.

the more money you spend the better and richer it gets. :P

just knowing where to stop is the problem alot of kiddys have these days. :blink:

Simes
I also use the MRP M350 iirc too. Over all I was so impressed I have these both in my 1.6, and 1.9, let the chav comments fly!!!!

I've got one of those too, with an SWS 10" sub.

jeremy
I've got one of those too, with an SWS 10" sub.

It gets worse, mine have two Vibe 10s in one car and two JBL 10s in the other car, only wished I had dual voice coil Alpines as will be selling one of my cars in the next 6 months and thought I might use two amps in one car.

allanallen

its done now not got round to setting the levels tho..

allanallen

just thought id follow up on this post for any future reference so it wasnt a dead end,

finally got round to sortin all the levels and setting up, it sounds amazin with all the speakers amped! i had the same speakers befor but running off the head unit, sounded good but distorted at mid way on the volume now with the speakers off the amp my ears start to bleed before the speakers distort, all in all id say its well worth doing

allanallen
Pardon, can u speak up a bit...

HA HA HA, those little girls are gonna hear me comin now!!!!

p.s im not a chav i just appriciate good music played LOUD!

timmsy19

p.s im not a chav i just appriciate good music played LOUD!

dont we all???

tom_m

;) i don't think i wanted to know that :o

allanallen
i don't think i wanted to know that

eeeeerrrrr not like that

Edd-XS

lol! Ive got 4 amped 6x9s in my 205. Not the greatest sound quality, but considering theres no interior i had to get creative with where i mounted them, and i like my music loud! which it bloody well is!

Jeremy youve got a similar set-up to me! In my old 205 i had 2 alpine MRD M350s, and one alpine MRP F240 powering 2 JBL p1220es (1600 watt max each!) and some JBl componants and JBL coaxials.

Sounded f***ing awesome! one of the loudest cars around at the time, and really decent sound. Kinda miss all the bass but going fast eradicates that loss!

Edd

Sign in to follow this