• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Gti6 Lump

Alan_M

Advice sought after.....

Some of you may know that I managed to get a GTi6 lump recently. I have been thinking about what to do with it and have come up an idea but would like advice first.

I've read on here that the GTi6 head is a better item than the Mi16 and the GTi6 bottom end is weaker so was going to strap the head to an iron block Mi16 bottom end with a 1905cc Mi16 crank fitted to increase cc's a little.

Do you think it'll be worth it chopping and changing the engine parts, or shall I just stuff the 1905cc crank into the complete GTi6 lump instead?

Thanks

Alan :(

jonnie205

Fit the gti6 lump as it is would be my advice

Carl Chambers

I agree that if the GTi-6 engine is a good one stick it in as it is cause its not worth the hassle of swopping things about and I think the GTi-6 engine is a much better engine than the Mi16 anyway

maxi

The GTi6 units seem really really good to me. I dont understand what the problem is with reliability issues! Cambelt change regularly (30K) and regular services will see it live a long and prosperous life. They have a habit of throwing rods I know but it only seems to be a small minority.

My advice would be to leave well alone too. If it aint broke, dont fix it!

Maxi

ive just put a 6 in my goodwood (with some help i must add) and it had done 60k on the original belt and water pump

the belt looked ok but the water pump was showing signs of leakage so id just change the lot for o.e stuff and jobs a goodun

woudnt start faffing with the cc`s as theyre pretty torquey anyway (im only assuming thats why you want cc`s)

Miles

The only real differance between the XU10J4 and XU10J4R & RS blocks are the breather pipes and that the RS rods don't use float gugeon pin's, So they are a strong little unit bat th eold oil surge proplems the XU engine has

Rob_the_Sparky

But why take out a rebuilt Mi and replace with a 2nd hand GTi6 (or pay the money for the GTi6 rebuild). Surely there is so little extra to be had it isn't worth it.

Rob

Alastairh

Yeah, just wack the Tb's on the Mi Alan.

Sign in to follow this