• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rick03054

Turbo Technics Wiring

Guest rick03054

First of all my car runs but I've not had the turbo on it yet, so at this point I have no idea whether the 5th injector is working or not. I would like to make sure it is before it becomes important for obvious reasons!

I've been going over the TT electrical literature and comparing it to my car and there are some differences at the coil.

TT states:

F - Green wire, tag fitting -> -ve

G - Black wire, female spade -> +ve

H - Black wire, male spade -> blue wire removed from +ve

I have:

1 - Yellow wire, female spade -> short blue wire, tag -> +ve

2 - Blue wire, male spade -> hanging in the air

3 - White wire, male spade -> white wire which goes into car loom

Can anyone shed any light/make an educated guess at whats going on? Or tell me what I could do to sort it out

Rick

Guest rick03054

No replies..... I'll have to start making my own assumptions...Dangerous! :D:blink:

I'm assuming wires 3 and H are the same since both would go between loom and TT box, and the car runs as is.

It's the others 2 I'm not sure about. The car has been mucked about with by various people and most of the electrical parts have been swapped over at one time or another trying to sort a problem that ended up being due to the immobiliser. So this is what I'm blaming the wires having different ends on, I'm also sure I have a coil in a box somewhere with an extra connector (male spades) on one of the terminals, can't remember which one but I'm gonna look for it.

Should I just assume it's easy and connect the spare wire (2) to -ve?

It's the extra bit of wire between wire 1 and the +ve terminal that's worrying me...

And will there be a voltage accross the injector without the car being on boost?

Mad Professor

I can't really say much here as my TT had the coil on the manifold.

I have just removed the wireing and i had some pic's i will see if i can find them and put them up.

Edited by Mad Professor

Guest rick03054

That would be handy mate, I tried looking through your conversion pics but couldn't see what I was looking for.

If you have any pics of the wiring at all that would help. Can't be much different!?!

Even if I could see what wires go where further back the TT loom I could be a bit more confident about what they are at the end. (If that makes any sense outside my head? :blink: )

Mad Professor

I have not got meny pic's left of when I was removing my 5th injector system.

Well heres what I have got.

205%20Turbo%20Technics%205th%20Injector%20Control%20Box(1).jpg

205%20Turbo%20Technics%205th%20Injector%20System.jpg

205%20Turbo%20Technics%205th%20Injector%20Loom(2).jpg

205%20Turbo%20Technics%205th%20Injector%20Loom(3).jpg

I don't know how much help thay will be to you.

Guest rick03054

Thanks for that, I'm not able to get to the car till the weekend but now I'll be able to compare that to mine. Well the bits that should be the same.

And I've had an idea about testing it too. If I wire it up as I suggested before, then connect up a 5th injector to the plug. Then blow down the pipe that goes to the TT box it should see this as boost pressure and fire the injector?

Does this sound right?

pdd144c

Use an air line to activate the map sensor, blowing wont work. If you dont have one just lower the kick in point for the injector using the pot (cant remember which one it is on the box!) If its wired up correctly it will operate the injector and you will also see a change in voltage across the injector plug. This is what i did with both my TT box and MF2 when i was running a fifth injector.

Edited by pdd144c

Guest rick03054

Ah, I was wondering if I would be able to blow hard enough!

I'm sure theres a topic somewhere that says how to adjust the settings on the box, just can't find it now.

TT205
I'm sure theres a topic somewhere that says how to adjust the settings on the box, just can't find it now.

There was a topic in early April 2003 started I think by MattCony, where Wayne Scofield discusses this, I've searched for this but it's not there - but I think it was posted in 'General' and so it isn't in the Technical Archive and maybe can't be searched

Maybe PM CyberNick (sorry I know spelling is wrong) and see of he can dig it out

Dave

mak
Use an air line to activate the map sensor, blowing wont work.

Yes it will!!!!!

As you said connect the injector plug to a spare injector (of the correct impedence) and you will be able to trigger the injector to fire by blowing down the pipe. The tt 'ecu' detects the change from negative to positive pressure, even a slight blow down the tube will give the desired effect. You can even get the injector to fire by setting the control unit to fuel for negative pressure.

I replied to a post by mad professor i think explaining how to set the unit up, and its more specific than the post by matt from yonks ago, I'll see if I can find it :blink:

Sign in to follow this