• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MartinR

Mi16 Flywheels......... Which One For Crank Sensor?

MartinR

Hi All

Am I correct in saying.......

That the Mi16 flywheel has cutouts in the ring gear so that a crank sensor can be used to send a signal to an ECU to be able to use coil packs?

If I am correct in that assumption, then would I require a different clutch or does the standard 1.9 8v clutch fit the flywheel?

Then the last thing of course is.... If all of the above is correct then I need 2 Mi16 flywheels and sensor things.

I am sure I have asked these questions before, but cant find the answers, so I need my mind settling for me.

Many Thanks

Martin R

B1ack_Mi16

Use the Mi16 flywheel, either XU9J4 or XU10J4.

You can not use the XU9JA clutch on these, buy the correct clutch for the correct flywheel.

The XU9JA clutch will fit on a 1.9 GTi engine with Motronic management, as those also have the crank trigger wheel machined in the flywheel.

pug_ham
Hi All

Am I correct in saying.......

That the Mi16 flywheel has cutouts in the ring gear so that a crank sensor can be used to send a signal to an ECU to be able to use coil packs?

If I am correct in that assumption, then would I require a different clutch or does the standard 1.9 8v clutch fit the flywheel?

Martin, you can use either an Mi flywheel or one from a 405 or late motronic 205 which will take the same size clutch as standard on a 205.

I've got one from an 8v if your interested. Pictures of it here & here.

Graham.

James_R

I have a Mi flywheel and clutch for sale too well 2 of them

MartinR

Graham and j1400

Classic question i suppose is "how much?" If you wanna do it over PM then thats cool. Need to know how much you want for the flywheel and P+P.

If you guys could let me know that would be great.

Many Thanks

MartinR

pug_ham

Martin, last time someone wanted one I said £25 iirc posted so same price this time.

Graham.

MartinR
Martin, last time someone wanted one I said £25 iirc posted so same price this time.

Graham.

Hi Graham

Do you paypal?

pug_ham
Hi Graham

Do you paypal?

Martin, I'll catch you on MSN soon.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this