• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rog

Citroen Xantia Vsx 16v Autodata Wiring Diagram

205Rog

I am in the process of carrying out an engine conversion on one of my 205's and would be greatly assisted by an autodata wiring diagram for the engine management system Bosch Motronic mp3.2 for the citroen xantia vsx.

I have searched and managed to source diagrams for the 605 and various other bits of information for the 306 s16 however I am still not convinced of the wiring being the same. This weekend I plan to get really stuck into it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

DrSeuss

What you'll probably find is, there will be differences related to the Big bastard multi relay, the position the lives and earths are connected to the car. But the pin out from the ecu will be the same.

MP3.2 although coming in a few variants was basically the same ecu. So any wiring diagrams for the S16 should be roughly equivalent.

Have i sent you any wiring diagrams for the 306 s16? If you want them send me a pm with your email address. And i'll help wherever i can.

maxi
What you'll probably find is, there will be differences related to the Big bastard multi relay, the position the lives and earths are connected to the car. But the pin out from the ecu will be the same.

MP3.2 although coming in a few variants was basically the same ecu. So any wiring diagrams for the S16 should be roughly equivalent.

Have i sent you any wiring diagrams for the 306 s16? If you want them send me a pm with your email address. And i'll help wherever i can.

I found the relay pin outs were the same for the GTi6 compared to a 2.0 turbo wiring diagram I had. When Nick (Turbonicky from here) did Trevs S16 he said to me the relay pinouts were the same as a 2.0 turbo too... could be a std relay used across the board?? Thats my experience anyway. The doube relay as with all the late pug looms is the key to getting it going. Locate switched live, constant live, earths, fuel pump and it will run. Not complicated at all. Hour or so with the loom on the floor, multimeter for continuity testing and the wiring diagram has it cracked everytime. Easy peasy.

Maxi

DrSeuss

There are some subtle differences. Mainly in the way the fuel pump side receives power. My s16 loom was certainly different to my mates xm looms. And the 406 2ltr turbo looks slightly different again. Only minor differences but enough to confuse you if not careful.

maxi
There are some subtle differences. Mainly in the way the fuel pump side receives power. My s16 loom was certainly different to my mates xm looms. And the 406 2ltr turbo looks slightly different again. Only minor differences but enough to confuse you if not careful.

I used a 406 diagram to wire up a 2.0 turbo (I have got the wiring on them down to a T now!) from an XM back last summer, worked fine no problems. I think a lot of the problems are people read to much into the wiring. What you have to remember is good old pug basically use stand alone managment systems. You dont need to understand the complexities of it just give it what it needs in its natural environment of the doner car:

-Constant Live

-Switched Live

-Earth

-Take your fuel pump

They are the bare min but it WILL run with those as long as the ECU is de-imobilised or it has its imobiliser components (such as keypad) there.

Maxi

Edited by maxi

Sign in to follow this