• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KaspaCti

Cti Rear Screen

KaspaCti

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to have just the rear plastic screen replaced in the zip out bit of the hood. The actual surrouning vinyl/zip etc is in reasonable condition but the screen is shot to bits. It looks like it's plastic welded in. Probably clutching at straws here but £100 plus for a new rear window section seems a bit steep to me :o

Cheers

Sean

gti-hysteria

dont know the answer to that mate, but theres a couple of complete hoods on ebay for around £50 at the mo

vern

I had just the window replaced on my old cti about 10 years ago it cost about £25 then. Just a case of unzipping window and getting an car trimmer to sew new one in.

KaspaCti

Gti - hysteria. Cheers for that I'll have a look later. :D

damien. Thanks for the links. I've looked on the prestige site before, but I've not come across the other link before. Many thanks :D

vern. Thanks for the info, sounds like it might be a cheaper option! :D

Beastie

I'm very pleased with the Prestige hood which has been on my CTI for 3 years now: It fits really well and was a pleasant job to fit to the car in the first place. However the rear screen is probably the worst part of it: The plastic is nice and ductile so that it doesn't crack on the cold weather but it has scratched incredibly easily compared to the original screen.

Sign in to follow this