• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Another Urgent Request.....

driversdomainuk

Story so far...fitting Koni Sport Adjustable (not coilovers)

Hi

Right, my garage have just rang me at work to say that the instructions are in German and they are not sure of how far the Koni Adjustable kit for my 205 1.9GTI (Koni Sport) lowers the car by...??

I said it was 35mm at the front but can anyone check this for me - also they were going on about clearance needed..??? and also will rear dampers lower the back any more (as obviously they need to adjust the torsion bars in the first instance)

Sorry to be a pain, but any help will be more than helpful....

Cheers

Edited by driversdomainuk

TEKNOPUG

The ride height at the front is dependant upon the springs really. Are you using the Koni Sport springs also? Should be between 30-35mm. However, I can't see why this would make any difference to the garage??? Providing that they are for a 205, then they will fit.

Changing the rear dampers won't lower the rear. Only the torsion bar settings can do this. However, it's worth finding out whether Koni recommend the rear being lowered as the dampers won't work efficiently if they are not designed to be run at standard height.

Edited by TEKNOPUG

DrSeuss

its supposedly about 35mm on the front, the rears don't lower the car at all.

SPGTi

Change your garage !!!!!! I hope they don't charge you.

Seriously if you want a decent place to look after your car that is very reasonable, prepares rally cars, sponsors a couple of rally series (the owner is a rally driver) and has lots of competition parts in both new and 2nd hand then PM me. It is probably 40mins from Shrewsbury (but along some good roads) but you won't have to make anymore of these sorts of posts.

Steve

driversdomainuk
The ride height at the front is dependant upon the springs really. Are you using the Koni Sport springs also? Should be between 30-35mm. However, I can't see why this would make any difference to the garage??? Providing that they are for a 205, then they will fit.

Changing the rear dampers won't lower the rear. Only the torsion bar settings can do this. However, it's worth finding out whether Koni recommend the rear being lowered as the dampers won't work efficiently if they are not designed to be run at standard height.

Hi

Yes I am using Koni springs (yellow dampers and blue springs)

whats this clearance they are going on abot too...?

driversdomainuk

Just told them it needs to be lowered 35mm and do the same with the rear....

I was getting a bit confused, as I have had a recon rear beam, which sat a little higher than standard (around 35mm at a guess - so it was a bit asre in the air) so I was telling them to lower it 70mm....did not realise that when they reset the torsion bars they are starting from the "standard" ride hight point and not the ride height I currently have (i.e. 35mm above standard)

Does any of this make sense :)

Edited by driversdomainuk

Anthony

As said, I'd be looking for a new garage as this bunch sound like they don't know their arse from their elbow... :)

My Koni springs probably only lowered the car by around 20-25mm but they were a purple colour - I'm not sure if the blue ones are different somehow.

Butler

Yeah I think 2 kits are available. The blues are the lower ones. 35mm

SPGTi
Just told them it needs to be lowered 35mm and do the same with the rear....

I was getting a bit confused, as I have had a recon rear beam, which sat a little higher than standard (around 35mm at a guess - so it was a bit asre in the air) so I was telling them to lower it 70mm....did not realise that when they reset the torsion bars they are starting from the "standard" ride hight point and not the ride height I currently have (i.e. 35mm above standard)

Does any of this make sense :)

Do you really want people messing with the rear beam who seem to have problems replacing front dampers and springs ?????

You should just be asking for the rear to match the front and they should be using dummy shocks to set the rear height accurately not just by splines (my apologies if they do this but from the impression you have given I would be surprised).

Steve

Sign in to follow this