• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Few Problems

Richie-Van-GTi

First off, think my indicator problem is back with a vengeance. They wont work at all now but hazards do work :) , its had a different stalk (thanks again Paul T) and assume relay is fine as hazards work OK. I though I solved this as they started working again after moving the wires on the back of the fog light switch but tried that again and no luck. Could it be related to the hazard switch though as that is a bit dodgy, i doesnt click in you have to hold it.

Next one, on cornering there is a lot of vibration, only on slight corner though Id say anymore than 10 degree left or right and it dissapears and also fine in straight line. I know the wheels need a balance and tracking is slightly suspect as pulling to the left a touch. Could it just be down to this??

Anthony

Almost certainly the hazard switch - replace it and I'm sure your problem will go away.

As for the vibrations on slight cornering, it could be a knackered driveshaft as my 1.6 does this - is the vibration a sort of knock..knock..knock..knock.. that's dependant on road speed?

Richie-Van-GTi

no its not like a driveshaft type knock, its more a vibration regardless of speed and direction of the turn. Hard to describe. It feels like its rubbing something although its not.

I think its too low anyway, might just live with it until I get some different springs then go over everything while I'm there. Just praying its not the diff on its way out.

Sign in to follow this