• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
16v205

Getting Bored

16v205

Hi,

Since messing around with motorbike tb's and then fitting jenvey tb's on my mi16 engine end of last year im beginning to get a bit restless and have a 47k mile gti-6 engine sat in the garage doing nothing. :)

I know the throttle bodies & manifold I have will fit fine on the gti-6 head, and also the exhaust manifold isnt too bad ive been told, but ideally I want to start building a engine to go running up santapod during the summer and trackdays in the winter. The car isnt used every day and as such I dont need an engine that will be capable of doing 100k miles.

Has anyone fitted cams or had head work done on a gti-6 engine before? Ive asked the question a few times on the gti-6 forum but they dont seem to want to upgrade much more than a single inlet cam and a ecu remap.

Ideally id like to stay with the hydraulic tappets, but im willing to swap to mech tappets if the cam profile requires it. Ive seen a few catcam details on there website but cant find anyone who's posted a before & after rolling road graph detailing there results. Likewise with piper & kent.

Dont mind being the guinea pig myself but would like some advice from people 'in the know' about where to start with this engine and whats a sensible power/cost spec. Like everyone else I dont want to be fobbed off with glitzy advertising and tech speak, but dont mind buying items that are actually needed to get the final result.

Cheers

Rich

Miles

I'm building my GTi6 engine at the moment, I'm keeping the std Inlet and exhaust manifolds for the time being just to be different,

But the internals are going to be expensive, Forged Pistons 86.5mm (Maxi Spec) with Longer Steel rods to lessen the crank angle and the heads with Will Gollops engine builder now, So in a few weeks I should have some info

Sign in to follow this