• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti_al

Another Seats Question

gti_al

I have have tried searching for this info, but i can only find references to 405 and 309 seats... (if i am being crap please direct me towards previous topics that can answer the question)

Anyway, do 306 ones fit? I find them more comfortable than the standard gti ones, and mine are pretty tired. There was a pretty straightforward guide on fitting 405 seats, and basically i just need to find out if 306 ones will be as easy.

Does anyone have them?

kuuner

Here in the netherlands a guy put them in his 205. Only the backseat is a problem. I don't have any guide for you. But i won't be difficult.

I had 405 seats in my old car. and that was a piece of cake. a friend of mine had the frontseats of a Saab. And anotherone from a Xm. I also know that some guy build 605 seats in his 205. So i can't think the 306 seats should be a problem. everything is possible.

306seats.jpg

gti_al

Thanks for the pic. They look really good.

The rears don't worry me anyway, i am happy with the 205 ones there. I was just hoping to get something more comfortable in the front.

Hilgie

Putting the 306 front seats in a 205 is the same way as 309 and 405 ones. Just make an adapterplate (which is the same size as on 309 and 405).

Rear is a problem, but can be done as well:

119.JPG

gti_al
Putting the 306 front seats in a 205 is the same way as 309 and 405 ones. Just make an adapterplate (which is the same size as on 309 and 405).

That is excellent. I wasn't sure about how big they were, but a member has put up a guide to fitting 405 seats already. It looked pretty straightforward, so i'll have a go...

Hilgie

yep...the conclusion of all of this is that you can swap 306/309/405 seats without problems from car to car. 306 seats in a 309 doesn't need any brackets made etc.

gti_al
yep...the conclusion of all of this is that you can swap 306/309/405 seats without problems from car to car. 306 seats in a 309 doesn't need any brackets made etc.

What do you mean by brackets?

Hilgie

To put those seats in a 205, you need to make 2 brackets with 4 holes each to fit the seats to you sliders.

gti_al
To put those seats in a 205, you need to make 2 brackets with 4 holes each to fit the seats to you sliders.

That's what i thought. It shouldn't be overly difficult.

Is that pic of the blue car with beige gti6 seats yours? It looks unreal...

Hilgie

No it's Rutgers car. Dutch owner.

I have 309GTi16 seats in my CTi. Blue checkered cloth.

Sign in to follow this