• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jr4070

The " Ge Quick Shift " Is Mine A Different Version?

jr4070

I have purchased what I belived to be the famed Ge quick shift this month and fitted it to my 1.6 205.

I got it from http://www.griffiths-engineering.co.uk/ . I was expecting a replacement L shaped bracket and recieved an aluminium extender block for the selecor on the gearbox. This item clamps over the selector and is secured using an allen nut and bolt.

The lower it is positioned on the selector the sorter the throw of the gear stick.

It fits onto the standard pug friction cup of the rod that goes on to the L shaped selector, (the long one).

It DOESN'T look as though it is doing much but it does work..I wouldn't take it into competition though. One good point is that If it should move in its position then it is possible to go back to the original without any hassle, could even be done at side of the road.

I've fitted new pug link rods, (my originals fell of in the middle of a town) prompting this mod.

This is not a post slagging of the product, just one stating that this quick shift is not what I thought I was getting. The site mentioned above have been contacted and ensure me that this is the correct product for a Griffiths Engineering 205 quick shift..£19.99 minus postage..

pug_ham

They changed the design last year to the one that you have afaik.

Graham.

cybernck

thanks for pointing it out, we'll make a note in the article.

sorry for the inconvenience, but it's their fault too.

they used to have pics of all the products on their website and now they

only have, what appears to be an L-lever, in the website's header -_-.

richard

Its been like that for way over a year.

One that has changed is the price!

What happened to the rods as well....?

I have one on the 1.6 which works well for me. A bit of a sod in the freezing winter until the oils a bit warmed up. But much prefered and now it doesnt feel like im stirring a bowl of porridge on each gear change. :-)

Edited by richard

Paintguy

As mentioned, they keep changing their products around. From your description, it sounds like you've got this one.

If you have a search, you'll see that although it looks a bit frail, I don't think anyone has had a problem with one breaking or coming loose. If I remember correctly, Jonmurgie has had one on his track car for some time, and he doesn't exactly treat it gently! :)

cybernck

richard, i've been regularly checking their website and keeping an eye on the product range,

which used to change every couple of weeks and seems to have hit the rock bottom now :ph34r:.

the last i've seen of a 205 quickshift has been a cnc'd L-linkage, not the sliding block :).

richard

i want to change the rod's on the 1.9 so i'll be giving them a call at some point in the near future.

1 month they have one thing, the next they have something else...but the prices vary so much it seems rediculous.. ie i paid £52 for 2 rods and the shortshift block.... 6 of months later it was £99.

That sort of dramatic sort of price change i just do not understand.

Edited by richard

cybernck

don't call them (they don't have any at the moment anyway) when you can call constella or miles :):ph34r:.

GLPoomobile

The more I read about them the more I'm of the opinion 'why bother'. This sort of 'service' is not acceptable and they will only learn to improve things if they lose business as a result.

I know there is someone on here who sells (via ebay) modified standard linkages that are repainted and have new bushes fitted. Team that with standard rods from Pug and I'm sure you can't go wrong.

MartinM

Worst company in the world for service - IMHO and actual (non-) service received :)

Sign in to follow this