• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacko

309 Gp N Wishbones

Guest Jacko

Hi

I've just bought some 309GPN Wishbones from special tuning ready for my 309 Front track conversion this weekend. However when I got them and placed them next to my old 205 Wishbones they dont look any bigger at all - i know there is not that much difference between the two, but surely its a noticeable one.

I phoned special tuning today and they said they are the only ones they sell ! therefore I assume same items for 205 and 309 !

So i'm either being stupid ..again :) but surely i'm going to have a problem using these with the 309 shafts ?

Part numbers are 7238A-X and 7238B-X

Cheers

Jacko -_-

jonnie205

If they are the same part numbers for 205 and 309 then theyw ill be wrong. The 309 ones are visably longer when placed next to a 205 arm.

SimonJ

Those numbers are for the 205. 309 ones were 8238A/B but sold out several years ago.

Guest Jacko
If they are the same part numbers for 205 and 309 then theyw ill be wrong. The 309 ones are visably longer when placed next to a 205 arm.

Jonnie, thats what I was afraid of, the guy at special tuning said they have sold loads of them, but i've just checked them again and they are the same length, and if they are the only ones they do, they can only be for either 205 or 309 not both !

Does anyone know anywhere else I can get 309 GPN Wishbones from - Do Skip Brown sell them ?

Edit - Simon, that confirms it then cheers -_-

Edited by Jacko

Ryan

Andy, have a word with AB, they might be able to get you some.

If not then you'll probably have to stick to standard 309 wishbones.

Guest Jacko

Ello Ryan -_-

Yeah, i'll try AB and skip brown - I'll be quite suprised if I cant get hold of any - and disappointed :)

pug_ham

As said, they should be a different part number I don't think they ever made any 309 GTi group N wishbones. None of the old Peugeotsport catalogues I have list them seperately anyway.

They do show three pictures of ones available for the 309 GTi in the FISA homologation papers i have but they don't list the part number & only one has a fixed size, the others are group A with rose jointed fittings. One has just the hub end rose-jointed but the other has all three rose-jointed.

AB do cover them in their catalogue but imo its incorrect as quite a lot of the suspension parts are interchangable between the two but the driveshafts & wishbones aren't.

I suppose this might've been carried across from Peugeotsport catalogues but they could supply the right one for the 309 if you asked for it.

Graham.

Butler

The 309 ones are 10 or 12mm longer.

SimonJ

The numbers I quoted were from a 1995 PTS catalogue so they were made. You just don't want to see the catalogue, there is so much stuff available at reasonable money you would cry, eg: rose jointed wishbones at £260 (they are looking £500 now).

205wrc

Time to hi-jack the thread I think :)

A friend of mine who's a precision Engineer has recently started making group n bottom arms for both the 205 and the 309. But........ what he does is dismantle the standard ball joint, machine out the end of the arm to take a spherical bearing (similar to a rose joint, but without the thread) and a circlip, and then make a new pin from EN24 steel with just the notch cut out for the hub pinch bolt, which is then held into the bearing with a nut underneath.

A cap is then placed over the bearing to protect it and the standard rubber fits over the top.

This conversion can only be carried out on factored - not genuine pug bottom arms as the ball joint end on the genuine arm are thinner, therefore cannot be machined.

I don't have a picture I'm affraid but I can try and get something for you before the weekend.

It will obviously be a cheaper conversion if you send him your own arms to convert, but he can supply new ones.

If anybody is interested, let me know and we'll go from there. They don't take long to do, and they're strong, as we've used them on forest rallies and road rallies without any problems.

Aled

Guest Jacko

Yes, I spoke to Skip Brown today who told me that the only thing that makes the wishbones GPN is the Ball Joint that doesn't have the cut out half way up where it inserts to the knuckle. Other than that the arms are the same ?

Apparently i'm not going to be able to get 309GPN ones for love nor money, but after hearing the above from SB and as its only going to be a fast road/track car i'm not too fussed really.

205 wrc - would be interested in some pics and prices though please :)

base-1

No cut out for the retaining bolt? How does it stay in then?!

Guest Jacko
No cut out for the retaining bolt? How does it stay in then?!

He he it would appear i'm blatantly being stupid again :)

I meant the recess does not cover 360 degs, more like 90 i.e only where its needed

Sign in to follow this