• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dream Weaver

Hazards Working One Side Only

Dream Weaver

Strange one this, done a search but most threads are the other way round to my problem!!

Indicators work fine on my car for left or right, but when I turn the hazards on, only the drivers side works. -_-

The passenger side repeater doesnt work for either hazards or indicating, so I thought the bulb must've gone which was causing that side not to work with the hazards, but the bulb is fine.

Got the multimeter onto the drivers side repeater and it flashes between 0v and 5v with the hazards on, but nothing for the other side, so I'm guessing the wiring isnt working for that side (but from where).

Whats odd though is that they were fine over a year ago, and that was with the side repeaters not even wired up - the wires were just left inside the wing.

Any clues?

Edited by Dream Weaver

jackherer

I'd suspect the hazards switch itself.

Super Josh

I suspect the hazard switch too, and for the wing repeater the connector usually corodes where the short wing repeater loom plugs into the main wiring loom in the engine bay. Clean up the contacts and put some silicon grease/ petroleum jelly in the contacts before you plug them back together.

Josh

Dream Weaver

Cheers dudes, it was indeed the switch :)

Just pulled the cover off, then pushed it back in and they work fine now, bloody Pugs!!!

Just the side repeater wiring to sort now.

Sign in to follow this