• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jr4070

Heater Fan....noise.

jr4070

Does anybody else have the fan, (when selected on) making a vibrating noise under acceleration ?I think its days are numbered. On my phase one car the controling resistor went but this sounds like the bearings on the heater fan shaft itsself.

M3Evo

Mine started making an awful shreiking noise once.

Took it apart, stripped the motor down and re-greased the bearings.

There are also a couple of felt washers in there which probably need replacing. If you squodge a load of grease into them it presumably keeps the little bearings lubricated -_-

Don't obey the Haynes manual when you take the motor out though, it tells you to dismantle the interior of the car, when you only need to stick your head into the passenger footwell and undo 3 screws and a plug! :)

mak
Does anybody else have the fan, (when selected on) making a vibrating noise under acceleration ?

Does anyone else have the fan make no noise when its on is more the question! As M3Evo says regreasing the bearings should sort it.

Where abouts in Swindon are you? What colour is your Gti?

jr4070

Does anyone else have the fan make no noise when its on is more the question! As M3Evo says regreasing the bearings should sort it.

Where abouts in Swindon are you? What colour is your Gti?

/quote]

Sorrentto, and out towards wooton Bassett..I'm the old git, with the big grin..

mak

All GTi drivers come complete with a big grin, so I'll just keep my eye out for the old git :)

Sign in to follow this