• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rooster

New Seats To Fit

rooster

i have just bought some seats off chun (nosman) and need some opinions on the head rests

i have bought some black leather headrests but the seats have white ones so i was thinking of colouring the white ones back to black to match or i could dye the black ones to white to match :P

ok here are some pics

both front seats with both headrests

seats1.jpg

black headrest

seats2.jpg

white headrest

seats3.jpg

i am doing a rear conversion to the rear seats while changing the backings to fit a CTI so this will be the same.

i believe its easier to dye white to black than visa versa, i may not do the rear conversion if its too much messing but i have the headrests now

let me know your thoughts. :D

Guest Grand Monkey

White looks better than the black to me.

DaveW

looks good in white should suit your CTi a treat.

pugboyracer

Prefer them in black myself, although white is still good.

Gonna look absolutely fantastic in your CTI! :P

Jonmurgie

Another vote for the black... finishes off the MASSIVE white area of the seat base and back nicely I feel :P

timmsy19

another vote for white :P:D . will look good in cti with top down in the summer

M@tt

you'll need the top down to stop that vinyl giving you nice sweaty knackers in the summer -_-

rooster

mmmmmm is this thread gonna help me :):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i still dont know :)

the black leather ones are from a 406 and are adjustable :wub:

i will be fitting the seats on thursday weather permitting then i can have a play around with the roof down and see what looks better so more pics will be posted :)

do you think the white ones on the front and the black ones on the back maybe, saves me messing with vinyl dye to much.

i may get a price of a cover being made in the white in vinyl but maybe expensive

oh yes and i will be dying my carpets black all inc door trims

yes i know its original etc but i cant stand looking at a grubby red carpet any longer and it shows the muck straight away after cleaning -_-

:D

timmsy19

i wanted to do the whole black and white seats in my white 205, have always thought the head rest should be white. but as alot of people might agree its your car you do what u think will suit your taste.

rooster

i got the seats on a search of an old thread from nosman and pm`d him on the off chance he still had them -_-

they obviously were comissioned by someone as a full recover and they are in mint condition (no tears etc )

just one small fag burn at the back of the rear seats but i can sort that , the white pieces just need a light colouring to cover scuffs etc and they will be mint

the rear lower seats underneath is soaked in oil, i cant tell if this is from a spill or the last owner did it to prevent dampness, i may leave it as CTI`s are damp a lot and my half leather rears have had to be taped up underneath were the cloth has rottened with the damp

i will be repairing my half leathers (drivers seat and rear cloth ) and i will sell them at a later date

cybernck

i vote for white headrests -_-.

tom_m

i vote for black, but its a close run thing, keep both sets and you can chop and change at will! :)

rooster

is im redoing my half leathers to sell i will maybe change the headrests over as the ones on my old seats are the same shape as the white ones :)

i can get a cover made later me thinks ;)

Sign in to follow this