• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hman205

Mi16 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold

hman205

AS Above

Are there any proven gain of having a 4-2-1 Manifold on a Standard MI16 in a 205gti ?

Have been told differing information by several different people including some experianced race users

just wondering if there was any Facts to justifiy me spending on this?

Jonmurgie

I've never really heard of gains over using the standard manifold which is a very good item... I think it's possibly more to do with easy of fitment to a 205...

I'm sure someone will come up with another reason... my standard BX Mi made 170bhp @ Fly with an ITG filter and 4-2-1 manifold if that's any help...

rich_w

I'm this has been discussed in the past...I think on a high spec mi16 it gave another 10bhp.

I was looking at a mi16 conversion this time last year and when I made enquires to Miles he said his version gives a bit more tourqe low down than the pug spares item.

Rob Thomson

Likewise, my smoky old Mi16 gave 172bhp on the Powerstation rollers, standard apart from a Maniflow manifold and exhaust.

Take the figures with a pinch of salt, but there were three GTi-6s there that all recorded around 161bhp. I reckon that manifold's excellent at the top-end.

huxley309

Yeah i remember that guy got fed up with everyone saying it did nafff all so he swapped his maniflow for a standard mi manifold and yup as said above he lost 10hp and said it felt like it had less grunt -_-

Robsbc
Yeah i remember that guy got fed up with everyone saying it did nafff all so he swapped his maniflow for a standard mi manifold and yup as said above he lost 10hp and said it felt like it had less grunt -_-

SBC mentioned to me they had seen a 10BHP gain on the Maniflow item compared to the standard Mi16 manifold. The person's car we are talking about with the gain was Daz_C although his engine is far from standard.

Edited by Robsbc

Sign in to follow this