• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest gazzarose

Need A Decision On Tyres

Guest gazzarose

Right, my student loan has finally come through, so its time to get my wheels. But what size tyre do I need for my base model shell 205 Diesel, Ive checked with peugeot and the standard tyres for my car are 165/70 r13, so If I get 15, the perfect match will be 185/50 r15. Will these be ok? or should I risk going for 195s? Are the any base model 205s fitted with 185s as standard? Or does anyone know if 185s will definatly fit. I know 195s will be tight, so I rather aire on the side of caution and use 185s because I do occasionaly carry a few people in the back.

If anyones got a definate answer that 185/50 r15 will be fine, I will be very grateful.

Cheers Guys

Gazza

j_turnell

Do a search matey this has beem covererd loads. You'd want 195/50's anything higher profile then you will have rubbing issues especially with people in the back idaelly 195/45's if you can afford them. I ran 195's on my XS and had np's atall.

Guest gazzarose

Promise Il have no problems. What wheels were they? Were they pug wheels or after market ones? Mine are team tynamics ones with an offset of 18mm and 6.5" rims. So you say that 195/45s will be fine and dont bother getting 185s, did u any probs with passengers in the back?

I just wanted a definate answer because most of the past posts have just been peoples opinions and no said that they had experience with either size.

Cheers Gaz

bitchass 205

You should be ok with 195, i used to run an xs with pug 15" with no problem, apart from the odd lump in the road at high speed!! My brother (timmsy 19 on here) is running a 1.0 with pug 15" on with 195 and he doesn't have any probs.

Guest gazzarose

So if I order then with 195/45 r15 I should be fine. Ive got no plans to lower it yet, so should be fine for a while, I asked my dads mate who does a bit of body work, and he said if needs be hel roll my arches for me.

CHeers Guys

Top Men

Gaz

Wes

you need 195/45/15 on a non gti model, i used to sell alloys all day long and never had a problem with a 205 with these size tyres on. :P

timmsy19

im running 15" speedlines on 195/50/15 which rub when have passengers. the 195/45 should be fine. this is what im going to do

You should be ok with 195, i used to run an xs with pug 15" with no problem, apart from the odd lump in the road at high speed!! My brother (timmsy 19 on here) is running a 1.0 with pug 15" on with 195 and he doesn't have any probs.

yes i dont normally have passengers as my car wont take the weight :P

but all in all i dnt have any probs

DaveW

fitting stiffer shocks help too wont catch the arch as much.

Guest gazzarose

Where could I get some stiffer rear shocks from? And how much would they be? Any recommendations?

Gaz

DaveW

just use some gti ones

Sign in to follow this