• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bonzai

8v To Hybrid To Mi16

Bonzai

hi guys, i had a complete change of heart over the weekend. I have been planning for months to build a supercharged 8valve and the engine is in early stages of rebuild, last week i was on a massive downer with the 205 and considered selling it and moving out of the 205 ownership frey completely.

Anyway, the oppertunity had arisen for me to hopfully change my plans to a normal Mi16 but i just need to check that im on the right tracks from what ive aquired over the past 8 months.

complete 1.9 8v

Mi16 block, crank & flywheel

Mi16 pistons & liners

Mi16 cylinder head

Mi16 inlet and exhaust manifolds

Dizzy adapter

i'll still need to get hold of a de-limited ECU and a manifold re-angling plate??? (competition on main site has been entered!)

the only components i can think of that i dont have are Mi16 sump and oil pump. I have searched and not found any posts relating to interchangeability of these items, so if anyone could guide me that would be much appreciated.

Also if anyone can think of anything i may have left out or just not thought of, that would be very helpful to me.

all of the spare bits and pieces i have here, there and everywhere will be advertised for sale by the end of the week as i'll need to raise some cash to pay for the new Mi16 additions

James_R

I hacvea spare sump and oil pump you can have for nothing (well a sunday roast at yours :huh:)

May be cheaper to sell on the dizzay adapot for ppl wanting to run carbs and getting a Mi loom and ecu, or going staight to a GTi6 inlet and emerald.

James

Bonzai

cheers mfield, i forgot we have a spare Mi16 sump and pump on james' spare engine,

with regards ecu and loom i might just save up and go straight into an emerald which i'd only do at a later date with t/b's and possible cams anyway

with regards bits i need to carry on converting to an Mi16 i believe i'll also need mi16 head gasket, mi16 cambelt and piston rings.

as far as i can gather the 8v bottom end gasket kit should suffice the rest of the engine. i assume the 8v tensioner and water pump are ok to use????

James_m

Im pretty sure a normal 1.9 8v sump is the same as a non air con MI16, so should be fine

Bonzai

i now have an entire Mi16 to rape for what i need plus i also now have an S16 inlet and a sump baffle :)

emerald in the pipeline too, its all going well at the moment

Sign in to follow this