• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stu_woac

Behind The Dash Sound Proofing

stu_woac

I've done a search and could not find anyone explianing how to get at it,,

I mean is there way to remove the lot with out taking the dash out

or

will I need to take the dash off to get at it (witch I dont really want to doo :))

also whats the best way to get rid of the sound proofing that has stuck on the floor, will it just wash off

DrSeuss

The sound proofing goes right up to the windscreen. So its a full dash out job to get at it.

DaveW

the dash is well easy to take out, i can remove one in 30-40mins.....

DrSeuss

Getting it back in takes a couple of hours though :)

DaveW

yeah if you can be arsed!

Jonmurgie

Do you have to completely remove the dash to get at the padding if you just want to rip the stuff out? I mean, can it be loosened off but leave all the wiring etc. in place?

This is the only area that I still have sound proofing in my trackcar and I've been meaning to rip it out sometime!

Guest rick03054

I ripped all mine off with the full dash out but never had to touch any wiring.

DaveW

tbh there is'nt much wiring on a 205 anyhow, should be easy for you track boys as you dont need to refit all the dash now :)

stu_woac

WELL most of my dash will be going back in this is why I dont want to take it out but if I must I must

Paintguy

Not the best picture in the world, but this gives you some idea how far up behind the dashboard it goes - right up to the windscreen.

As said though, if you're not bothered about saving it, I'm quite sure you could just remove some of the lower dash panels and cut the soundproofing out without removing the dash. Whether it's easier that way or not I can't say, but at least it's an option :)

Sign in to follow this