• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Mi16 Head Bolt Spacers

M@tt

now its been a while since i put the head back on my mi16 and i've still only partially tightened the headbolts as i couldn't tighten them up fully without the engine back in the car but i'm positive that i recall i had a spacer that went each of the 10 holes and they were all the same size!!

from reading other posts there only seems to be mention of a spacer for the one above the water pump and i'm a bit paranoid about punching a hole in the block if i continue tightenening the bolts.

can anyone shed any light on my ramblings?

cheers

Edited by M@tt

Ryan

I've also got 10 identical spacers. The bolt hole above the water pump has a seat which is higher up than the seats in the other bolt holes.

I think the posts about the spacer are warning against not fitting the spacer to the odd bolt which whould make all the bolt heads sit level with each other. The bolt above the water pump doesn't go in as far as the others, which looks strange but is correct.

Veero

10 equal sized spacers came out my head when I took the head off my Mi to rebuild it.

As said above I believe one of the bolts hole seats is higher than the rest.

Veero

Anthony

The think the warning about two spacers on the rear cambelt end headbolt only refers to the 8v engines - if you don't fit the extra spacer on one of those, you'll hole the block into the waterpump chamber :rolleyes:

easypug

i believe the extra spacing on an Mi is incoperated in the head so will be ok with the same size spacers..

Hilgie

Yep, correct.

Matt I think you got confused by the "fitting Mi head to 2.0 bottom end" topic, where you need 9 spacers and one washer.

M@tt

excellent thanks guys i'll continue tightening then :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this