• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ANDYGON

Its Broken Down Already!

ANDYGON

hi all, today i went out down the post office to pick something up, came out and pressed the alarm to open the doors and nothing happened i open the door manually and of course the alarm went off i tried to silence it with the key fob but still nothing happened. i eventually got the dam thing to dis-arm and start after playing around with the positive terminal taking it on and off. anyway i got home and it locked and armed fine.

20 minutes later i go out to give my mate a lift and it works fine we get the garage where were going and i stop the engine and try to arm it alarm/ immobilser- nothing happens. it hasnt started since.

weve been playing around with the immobiliser wires, making sure there connected as thet should be ect. ive replaced the key fob batteries with new ones. still nothing.

so far weve managed to unplug the immobiliser and directly wire the starter motor and fuel pump but we still have no spark. :P

needless to say i dont know what to do next. can anyone help? im going to tow it back here tomorrow.

arse!!

:)

Richie-Van-GTi

guess its an aftermarket job? just trak it wire for wire and remove the whole thing. Ive had a few alarms do similar on various cars. All proved to be coming to the end of their life and had to be replaced.

maxi
hi all, today i went out down the post office to pick something up, came out and pressed the alarm to open the doors and nothing happened i open the door manually and of course the alarm went off i tried to silence it with the key fob but still nothing happened. i eventually got the dam thing to dis-arm and start after playing around with the positive terminal taking it on and off. anyway i got home and it locked and armed fine.

20 minutes later i go out to give my mate a lift and it works fine we get the garage where were going and i stop the engine and try to arm it alarm/ immobilser- nothing happens. it hasnt started since.

weve been playing around with the immobiliser wires, making sure there connected as thet should be ect. ive replaced the key fob batteries with new ones. still nothing.

so far weve managed to unplug the immobiliser and directly wire the starter motor and fuel pump but we still have no spark. :P

needless to say i dont know what to do next. can anyone help? im going to tow it back here tomorrow.

arse!!

:)

Its probably been bodged in there like every single alarm I have ever seen has anyway. Just rip the c*nt out and rejoin the wires that were cut into to disable the car. f***ing wanky things.

Maxi

ANDYGON

yeah if worst come to worse ill rip it out. but its a good alarm so im not to keen on that yet.

its like the alarm isnt taking any notice of the key fob. :)

stevec205gti
yeah if worst come to worse ill rip it out. but its a good alarm so im not to keen on that yet.

It can't be that good or you wouldn't be moaning it doesn't work properly :rolleyes:

M@tt

jacobs53 is flogging a toad ai606 including 2 keyfobs for £50 on the psooc forum not sure ifhe's put it on here though, if you do need a new one

HTH

richsmells

pull it out. mine had a bodged one and it died when the heater matrix drowned it. It would randomly stall the car by cutting off the fuel pump. Not fun! :rolleyes:

pug309twin40s

andy's got a Clifford alarm in the 309 and im sure its been installed properly as im sure it came with the installation certificate.

andy try disconnecting the battery and leaving it of for a bit then reconnect it and see if everything works then.

even though youve hard wired to the starter and fuel pump theres proberbly still some more connections to the coil or something to stop it sparking when the alarm/immobiliser is set.

d-9
andy's got a Clifford alarm in the 309 and im sure its been installed properly as im sure it came with the installation certificate.

hahah what planet are you from.

DaveW

ciffords suck arse i had a gti with one on and that broke too! (the fobs did'nt work even with new batts)

Anthony

Most alarm installations I see are absolutely woeful with bodged, poor connections all over the place that cause all manner of reliability and false-triggering problems. The vast majority of these were "professionally" installed and have a installation certificate.

Either go through the whole lot and redo the wiring which will probably sort it if it's not the unit itself that's at fault, or just do as Maxi says and rip it out and deposit in the nearest bin. In my experience, Cliffords are notoriously unreliable at the best of times, so it's probably the biggest favour you'll do yourself...

ANDYGON

anyone want some 309 bits? :blush::rolleyes: .........................

thanks for the input ill give it a shot.

Miles

I'm with everyone here, I've yet to see a good Alarm install (Well bar Dino's) so rip it out, Waste of time. Who does anything about a alarm going off and they can be passed in 10 sec's (most)

taylorspug

This is exactly the reason im not getting an alarm on mine. The 'approved' installers are awful, and its taken me long enough to rip out the last alarm and sort the wiring, so the last thing im going to do is let some muppet loose on it. They also seem incapable of taking a piece of trim off without breaking it...

pugboyracer
This is exactly the reason im not getting an alarm on mine. The 'approved' installers are awful, and its taken me long enough to rip out the last alarm and sort the wiring, so the last thing im going to do is let some muppet loose on it. They also seem incapable of taking a piece of trim off without breaking it...

Exactly. My car had some POS Clifford installed on it when I bought it and it would never, ever work properly. Ended up ripping it all out when we started the Mi conversion. :)

ANDYGON

i towed it home today. we got half way back and the towing eye snapped off :) i knew it wouldnt go smoothly.

anyway after getting it home i cracked on taking the lower dash out and found most of the wires that i needed. you were all right, a complete bodge job!! :wacko:

she starts and runs fine now i just gotta tidy it up a little more.

Andy

Guest Grand Monkey

My clifford alarm and immobiliser were the cause of my car not wanting to start, just ripped out the immobiliser, left the alarm mainly to use it as remote locking, works like a charm now :)

SPGTi

Could have just been a dry joint in the remote fob.

Steve

ANDYGON

nahh the key fob is fine i tried the spare one too.

its got to be something to do with the reciever or ariel. its all still conected at the mo (apart from starter wires) so im gonna have a fiddle when i have a chance.

:P

M3Evo

Just on the "Why can't the pro's install an alarm properly?" thing:

I've seen two from the same place, one was done properly with soldered connections and shrink wrapping, the other was a right mess with loosely applied insulating tape and cack connections :D

The immobiliser installed to my car, fortunately, has been done neatly and professionally with soldered connections and shrink wrap.

Not that I'd recommend them, but GAP security did the last one, and I'd use them again, especially as they can do it on the drive :P

d-9

The quality of work done by a popular mobile fitting company seems to vary quite a lot, on a mates car the imob box was just left dangling behind the dash where it knocked and rattled against the panels whenever he went round a corner, on another mates the idiot cut the wrong wires, meaning the imobiliser didnt actually imobilise the car. Finally there is this gem, which is correctly wired but not amazingly effective for security:

imob.jpg

(For anyone not familier with 205 wiring, thats the relay that controls the fuel pump, the two black flying leads go off to the imobiliser box)

Sign in to follow this