• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_st200

Noise..weird

jamie_st200

alright people.. another question..

ive got this really weird noise coming from what sounds like the drivers front wheel area...

it isnt knocking or banging and it happens when im going in a straight line.. it sounds like err err err..

sorry but i cant really explain the sound.. and it doesnt get faster with speed.. doesnt change when you turn left or right..

it just comes and goes when it pleases..

at 1st i thought it was the downpipe rubbing the sub frame but ive since put a new downpipe on that isnt no where near anything now.. and ive changed the drive shaft and shock...

it sounds like something is dry but everything is greased..

thanx, for any help

Jamie.

Paul T

Do you have nylon bushes fitted in your bottom arms, they creak if over tightened. Does the sound coincide with/or is started by something, eg a bump, accelerating , braking etc?

Do you have a cage fitted which is rubbing on the dash or is it just Peugeots build quality allowing all the trim to sing!

Jonmurgie

Have you checked the wheel bearings?

Guest soogreen
Have you checked the wheel bearings?

i had the worst noise ever, sounded like it was coming from the driver's foot well. Turned out to be the thing that keeps the bonnet up rattleing when it was down, but you would never have though this ifyou had herd it.

Have a look were it sits and see if its worn, i nearly took the dash to bits looking.

Anthony

If the noise is directly related to speed then I'd personally say that it's going to be something rotating - checking the wheel bearing would be a first port of call certainly, although that would normally change when steering one way as it would load up the bearing.

jonD6B

Stick the nose in the air and spin the wheels and see what you've got. Does it make the noise going backwards and is it continuous?

tagy

heater fan?

Sign in to follow this