• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bitchass 205

Exhaust

bitchass 205

Hello,

I have a 1.6GTi and the exhaust is blowing like a woman of the night on double time!! (no offence intended to anyone invloved in this profession!!)

I have been thinking weather to replace it with an oringinal part, i.e dodgy looking piece of brown steel, or replace the whole system with a stainless steel exhaust.

I know that the claims of increased bhp and what not are rubbish but i want something that looks good but will be as good as the original one.

Comment suggests would be welcome.

Forgot to mention exhaust is blowing from the manifold so would need a new down pipe so may as well get new system if considering s/s option.

Many Thanks :P

TEKNOPUG

The Pug GrpN exhausts gives a little more torque but I wouldn't bother with the rest of the aftermarket ones. The standard exhaust is a well designed so you're more likely to lose power with an aftermarket one.

M@tt

or you could get a magnex backbox(stainless steel) (2nd hand about £60-£80) they look nice IMO and are the best out of any aftermarket setups (and it shouldn't give you any loss in power by all accounts) and marry that to a new standard downpipe ~£75

job done

check the for sale section to see what people are flogging as they quite often appear on there

HTH

Matt

madmat

Once had a mongoose full system,what a complete waste of time,it never fitted right and always resonated(sounded like it was blowing).In the end it got too noisy at high revs so i ditched it for a standard one,peace and quiet at last!£300 down the pan.A mate had a full magnex which was a pearl to fit and looked the biz too.I would say just use a back box unless anyone else recommends a system.matt

pug_ham

Have a read through this page from pumaracing (thanks Dave) & make your own descision.

Graham.

bitchass 205

Yes, makes for interesting reading. Having thought about it i'm going to get a standard system, or parts, whichever i need. :)

sherly

"When it rusts away go and buy a genuine Peugeot item - not a pattern part"

Amen to that - pattern parts seem to be sh*te quality compared to genuine IMO.

If you can afford it definately go for a genuine exhaust (or at least one with the correct bifurcated downpipe).

Mart :)

Paul T

Check the engine mounts, when they get old they allow the engine to move and wear out the joint between the manifold and the down pipe. Another common problem is the exhaust manifold studs snapping off, usually the 2 end one's and the exhaust blows. If left for to long the faces gets damaged and it's difficult to get a good seal.

hengti

I'd stick with the standard system; changing the system alone won't make anything other than more noise

Changing the manifold makes quite a noticeable difference - but they're expensive (Magnex=£200)

Sign in to follow this