• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cips007

Immobiliser

Guest cips007

Hi,

my immobiliser hasnt worked for a while but the dash mounted warning light still works,but am looking to fit a replacement.Are the sparkrite systems any good or cheap and nasty as i dont want to spend a fortune but want it to do the job

Cheers

Chris

Guest cips007

Also,is it best to try and disconnect old one 1st.Reason i asked is if i remove the old dash mounted light/receiver,im not sure if the new one i buy will fit in its place hence leaving a horrible hole in my dash...!

Higgy

Hi,

Back in about 1998 me and my friend both fitted Sparkrite 'alarm' systems. I had an added remote c/l module which was cool.

BUT. Both of us suffered a weird problem whereby the alarm suddenly went off and could not be stopped. Mine happended about 2am, while my mates was driving his though town when his went off! I had to disconnect the battery to stop the siren.

The next day I took the cover apart and found that a wire to the alarm horn was trapped against the circuit board, virbration/rubbing etc caused the insulation to wear through, and the wire then shorted to a positive (or maybe neg) track on the circuit board, thus giving the horn a direct feed!

Also, after a few years of having the alarm fitted, I am sure I would get back to my car and the doors would be unlocked, so I removed the remote c/l module.

As I say this was many moons ago, and they are probably better now.

GLPoomobile

I have a Cobra Cat 2 'touch key' immobiliser on the 1.9. As I'm stripping the car in the next few weeks I was planning on trying to get this off as it's only about 7 months old.

Are you in any hurry for a replacement?

Guest cips007

Hi,been looking and pricing around and if i've not bought one by the time you remove yours i will have it off you mate.How much would you want for it please

Chris

GLPoomobile

Dunno. About £20 I guess.

TEKNOPUG
I have a Cobra Cat 2 'touch key' immobiliser on the 1.9. As I'm stripping the car in the next few weeks I was planning on trying to get this off as it's only about 7 months old.

Are you in any hurry for a replacement?

I've removed one of these from my spare Pug recently. Let me know if you need a hand.

I also have a Clifford 3000 immobiliser sitting in a drawer, looking for a home for a few quid.

Edited by TEKNOPUG

Guest cips007

Including p&p and i'll have it off you

Cheers

Chris

GLPoomobile

I'll probably get annoyed when trying to get it out and send you half the ignition loom with it :D

Guest cips007
I've removed one of these from my spare Pug recently. Let me know if you need a hand.

I also have a Clifford 3000 immobiliser sitting in a drawer, looking for a home for a few quid.

What type of immobiliser is the 3000 and what price including postage would you be asking for it

Chris

Sign in to follow this