• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PhilCTI

Instrument Panel

PhilCTI

I have a problem with my instrument panel that a couple of the lamps on the right side of the rev counter and the right hand gauges as you look at the dials won't work,

I know it is not the lamps, is this a known type of fault people have seen before? the flexible blue wiring doesn't look to be the best idea in the world, anyone know the best place to start?

many thanks,

Phil

DaveW

not gave it swift bang? the good ol 205 fixing method?

PhilCTI

yep! pulled it, banged it, lost lamps down under the centre console trying to fit a new lamp in the back of the heater control, hands like a bunch of banana's, needs the wifes delicate touch! almost destroyed the interior when it was all back together last week!

http://public.fotki.com/pillowjo/205_cti_jan_06/jan_062.html

If I can't sort it I was wondering whether I could get another panel and fit the odometer part from mine in it?

Phil

DaveW

yeah thats easy to get another one and fit the odometer to it just make sure you mark where the neddle sits as it can be a right arse to refit in the right place again.

PhilCTI

Thanks Dave,

I was hoping that would be ok, may save alot of hassle,

Phil

Sign in to follow this