• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest gazzarose

205 Inca Diesel Standard Tyre Size

Guest gazzarose

Hi guyes,

I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. Does anyone know the standard tyre size of a 205 Inca diesel. At the moment is 155/70 r13, but I dont know if its right. Ive read the haynes manual and other references, and it says that all 205s after a certain year had 165s, but on my '95 Inca Ive got 155, so it doesnt tally.

If anyone knows it would be great, because Im currently in the process of buying alloys, and I want to make sure i get the right tyre size to keep my speedo correct.

Cheers Guys

Gazza

Just had another look in the haynes, and it says theres no models fitted with 155s

But obviously the haynes could be wrong.

Tyres

Size . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 135 SR 13, 145 SR 13, 165/70 SR 13, 185/60 HR 14 or 185/55 VR 15

(depending on model)

pacey205

The tyres on my boggo 205 Diesel were 165/70 13's

To be honest your tyres are only different in the width, its more than likely that someone has at some point either had a 155 lying around or got one for cheap and stuck that on there. It dosent really make much of a difference hence why most people (myslef included) run 195's on 1.9 slloys when 185's are standard (but inhibitively expensive).

Is it just one tyre thats different or are all 4 the same. If this is the only 155 and the rest are 165 then Id stick a 155 on, if theyre all the same and your not replacing all 4 tyres at the same time Id stick another 155 on there. If your changing all 4 though Id probably go for 165's.

Michael

P.S. Your speedo will only be out if the tyre wall distance changes (i.e. 155/70 to 155/40) as this will change the circumference of the wheel and therefore affect the speedo reading.

Edited by pacey205

Guest gazzarose

All of the tyres are 155s, so I dont know wether theyre supposed to be 155 or 165.

The tyre width does afect the speedo because the profile is a percentage to the width, ie 195/50 = 50% of 195 = approx 100mm

I may just email Peugeot withb my chassis number and ask them.

Gazza

DaveW
All of the tyres are 155s, so I dont know wether theyre supposed to be 155 or 165.

The tyre width does afect the speedo because the profile is a percentage to the width, ie 195/50 = 50% of 195 = approx 100mm

what :( thats rolling reistance, the tyre profile is the one.

the car should have 165/70 R13 really

Wes

if you are buying alloys it wont matter as the dealer will suppy you with the right size tire. unless you are buying 13" alloys which are very hard to find these days. for a 14" tire size should be185/60r14 and 15" 195/50r15 on a gti or for a base model like yours you can use 195/45r15 for better clearance. as for speedo worries you probably wont notice any difference as most car speedos are slightly inaccurate any way.

DaveW

yeah it will only matter when you fit 17's or something silly

Guest gazzarose

Should I fit 195 or 185? Some people say 195 is fine, but others recomend 185, I dont regularly carry people in the back, but I do occasionaly, and when I do its usually not just one person, its usually 2, so I want to avoid as much rubbing as possible.

Gaz

Sign in to follow this