• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Crazy 405 Mi Central Locking!

KRISKARRERA

Back before Christmas I washed the car when it was very cold. Turned out to be a big mistake because later that day the doors and locks were frozen solid and when I used the remote to unlock the doors clearly they didn't like it.

Since then I've had this problem where when I try to unlock the car the central locking with lock and unlock about 10 times before stopping!

Just wondered if anyone else has had this and knows what causes it?

(I guess it's more common with 4/5 door cars though)

bennett418

yep had it with mitsubishi galant, had to disconnect it cos it drove me mad!

Anthony

Try unplugging the remote central locking module near the maplight - it's behind the black cover, which sort of prises of. Water had got in there on my 405 and it caused the central locking to have a mind of its own, randomly locking and unlocking the car.

SPetrie

Chris, i did exactly the same, but it only affected one door, i do know the central locking relay is by the heater fan in the passenger footwell, so maybe worth looking here. Stu

KRISKARRERA

Yeah I discovered it was the front passenger lock causing the problem and I drenched the key hole, door handle and lock bits in WD40 and so far it's sorted it.

Sign in to follow this