• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PhilCTI

Fitting Instructions

PhilCTI

Hi

Does anyone have any fitting instructions on how to put on a replacement roof on a 205 convertible?

and know where I can buy the fixings kit on its own?

many thanks,

Phil

vern

I have fitting instructions left over from when i did mine, they are in pictures and words and very easy to follow, I will see if i can scan them in on mates computer as i do not have a scanner.

I got a fitting kit with my new roof for about £12 it only had a pot of glue some pop rivets and the centre push lock type clips for the header rail cover and the instructions. So you should be able to source parts locally apart from clips which you should be able to get from a main stealer????, there is a full list of whats needed on instructions.

Have you got the old roof off yet and assesed the state of the hood frame, side strengthening plates as they can rust quite badly and need repair or replacment?. Which can be quite time consuming depending on how much of a perfectionist you are.

Forgot to add you will also need a pair of cable strengtheners as well this go in the seam above windows, again this came as an extra with the new hood I brought.

Edited by vern

rooster

check out ebay

typre peugeot 205 and search the pages there is a german company that is selling new covers but if you check the item page they also do all the xtra bits if you email them.

sorry i havnt put a link but im off to work

cheers

vern

Thats where I got all the parts and hood from, i think its called eurotop. They are good, excellent comms if you have any probs, and fast delivery about 3 days.

PhilCTI
Thats where I got all the parts and hood from, i think its called eurotop. They are good, excellent comms if you have any probs, and fast delivery about 3 days.

Thanks vern & rooster,

I've probably got enough glue and rivets, I need to source new nuts and bolts as most sheared off,

found this on ebay, might be worth a try for £75, seems to have good feedback, asked him some questions and waiting reply,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

does anyone have any knowledge of these?

Phil.

Thanks vern & rooster,

I've probably got enough glue and rivets, I need to source new nuts and bolts as most sheared off,

found this on ebay, might be worth a try for £75, seems to have good feedback, asked him some questions and waiting reply,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

does anyone have any knowledge of these?

Phil.

I've got the frame off and it does need some work as you can see here

http://public.fotki.com/pillowjo/205_cti_jan_06/jan_031.html

http://public.fotki.com/pillowjo/205_cti_jan_06/jan_033.html

it's my next job to start on,

Phil

vern

phil your frame looks better than mine did, I had to fabricate and weld in 2 inches at the bottom of the rear hood section near rear window.

The side stiffners on either side at bottom rear are available from a main stealer about £25 a side, if I remember rightly can get numbers if you want, saves messing about cleaning and repairing the old ones.

That one on eBay sounds a bit dodgy depending on why its a second, and you will still need to obtain a new window section from somewhere.

PhilCTI
phil your frame looks better than mine did, I had to fabricate and weld in 2 inches at the bottom of the rear hood section near rear window.

The side stiffners on either side at bottom rear are available from a main stealer about £25 a side, if I remember rightly can get numbers if you want, saves messing about cleaning and repairing the old ones.

That one on eBay sounds a bit dodgy depending on why its a second, and you will still need to obtain a new window section from somewhere.

Thanks Vern,

I found out the one's on ebay are seconds because they have a slight mark (flaw) in the material, they are brand new, no rips, tears etc,

my existing rear window is reusable, the window is good, it just has a very small rip at the bottom to repair so for £75 I could be tempted to be a guinnea pig and try one!

I could probably fabricate some new side stiffners that would help me along,

Phil

vern

Phil have got instructions, but can not post them as they are scanned images and quite large(3.5Mb), if you pm with your e mail address will email them to.

KaspaCti
Phil have got instructions, but can not post them as they are scanned images and quite large(3.5Mb), if you pm with your e mail address will email them to.

Hi vern, just picked up on this thread. Thanks for your help earlier about the replacement screen. I'm thinking about buying one of the 'seconds' hoods on ebay at the moment for £75. However they don't come with fitting instructions. I'd be really grateful if you could email a set of the fitting instructions that you've got. I'm new to this forum malarkey so not sure exactly how it works. Do i PM you by typing 'vern' into the recipients name box that comes up when you click compose new message? Sorry to be the new boy dunce :D

Sean

PhilCTI

Just to comment that I bought one of the £75 "seconds" off ebay which arrived yesterday.

When I contacted them why they where seconds, they said they could have a mark or flaw in the pattern, I've looked at mine and on first glance can't see anything wrong at all so I'm well pleased, it looks really good.

obviously it doesn't come with a window and you have to transfer some parts from the old roof ( don't know if thats the case with more expensive one's), but I'll have a closer look over the weekend.

Phil,

any probs sean I'll try and email them to you,

KaspaCti
Just to comment that I bought one of the £75 "seconds" off ebay which arrived yesterday.

When I contacted them why they where seconds, they said they could have a mark or flaw in the pattern, I've looked at mine and on first glance can't see anything wrong at all so I'm well pleased, it looks really good.

obviously it doesn't come with a window and you have to transfer some parts from the old roof ( don't know if thats the case with more expensive one's), but I'll have a closer look over the weekend.

Phil,

any probs sean I'll try and email them to you,

Cheer Phil,

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy one off ebay tomorrow, so I probably will need those instructions!

Sean

vern

Kaspacti pm sent about instructions.

Is it possible for me to put these instructions in the articles, the only problem is that they are copyrighted, where do we stand on this legally.??? Anybody know.

Sign in to follow this