• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Treating Door Seals?

kate205gti

looking at the rubber door seals on my cab they look a little brittle - they still seal ok at the moment but is there something i could spray/coat them with to make them a bit more supple and last a bit longer without cracking?? :D

was going to try saddle soap/leather oil but not sure how that would work on rubber ;)

Guest wils3

I think (think) there is some kinda rubber spray stuff that revives rubber, helps stop it cracking and splitting and stuff. Hopefully someone should be able to give you a full answer on here soon.

ashley peddle

tyre black...??? its designed to make the tyre last longer (aswell as make them look pretty ;))

joelpsmith

autoglym vinyl and rubber care should do it.

autoglym vinyl and rubber care should do it.

Andy_C

Einszett Gummifledge - as recommend by BMW & Mercedes etc for this exact job. Buy from www.erazer.co.uk (Andy's the man there - top bloke)

nick

Frost auto

Is this any good to you?

It's a flexible rubber paint.

Nick

kate205gti

£23.50 for a tin of paint :lol: good idea though - didnt realise you could get rubber paint :D will have a look round locally :)

Guest ecosseroy

yip rubber paint is basically coz rubber flex's thepaint flexs with it,unlike ur normal 2pak paint it will crack at the first bend!!

Sign in to follow this