• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve.C

Omex Ignition Management

Steve.C

I e-mailed omex for a price for ignition only management and this is the reply.....

"Dear Sir

Thank you for your interest in the Omex Technology product range and apologies for the delay in contacting you your email was received just after we left for Christmas. The part syou will require for your proposed upgrade to Omex Ignition Management for your Mi16 engine are as follows;

part

number

retail

qty

total

ECU

OMEM100

£345.00

£345.00

Programming kit

OMEM010

£20.00

£20.00

Throttle pos sensor

OMEM2002

£56.25

£56.25

Ready built harness

OMEM1510

£85.00

£85.00

or

Semi assembled harness

OMEM1500

£40.00

£40.00

3 pin m/t connector

OMEM4001

£4.00

£8.00

optional

4 cyl DIS coil pack

OMEM3503

£60.00

£60.00

Coil connector

OMEM4030

£5.00

£5.00

All prices are GBP Sterling and are subject to VAT. Prices are subject to change without notice. E&OE.

We have a map for a standard engine running 45mm throttle bodies that would be an excellent start-up for you. I advise still getting the engine mapped on a rolling road to get the very best from it and to ensure that the map is safe for your engine. Your nearest mapping centres are;

Interpro Automotive (Thornbury, Bristol) 01454 412777 Dave

Mech Motorsport (Cheltenham,Gloucestershire) 01242 243385 Brian

Power Engineering (Uxbridge, Middlesex) 01895 255699 Chris

The parts can be purchased directly from Omex or from one of the above mapping centres.

The ECU can control either the single coil and distributor or the DIS (distributorless) ignition version of this engine.I have made the assumption that you have the 60-2 crank trigger on the flywheel still. If you do not then please contact me again as this must then be fitted externally.

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Best regards

Andy Cornock

Omex Technology

now assuming i would need most of those parts that works out with VAT to the best part of £800 !

wonder if emerald work out about the same....

Dino

I *think* Miles can supply OMEX stuff for a bit cheaper

Edited by Dino

Miles

The ignition only ECU isn;t much cheaper than the full OMEM 500 ECU, But I can get you a good deal on this.

The Dist coil pack can be from a Ford or Pug so that saves a few quid

Mattsav

KMS Ignition Only ECU is £231.40 + Vat and comes with software and connection lead.

It also comes with connection plug and a good length of wire.

TPS is £30.45 + Vat

It will run either a distibutor, or coilpack (with or without built in ignition drivers).

Has launch control, shift light, soft and hard rpm limiters etc.

I've got an ignition map to get you up and running.

Using a ford coil pack is probably the cheapest option (or a trip to the scrappy).

Jonmurgie

Blimey Steve, as with most ECU's one you add up all the parts you need it becomes expensive!!

Except the KMS stuff... seems amazing value for money, something you should definaltey look into ;)

Sign in to follow this