• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cslcraig

Carb Help

Guest cslcraig

would it be possable to fit the carbs direct to the inlet manfold as one of mine has had to be welded. and it is now sucking air because i cannot go to tight on the top two nuts as i dont want to crack them

PsychoSimon

what carbs are they? it they are 40/45 dcoe type then no you cant mount them directly to the inlet manifold as the fuel will froth at idle and its an absolute nightmare. i had this with my nova when i had that.

you need the mishab plates mate. if you need any machining doing mate see ron jones he's based on tweedale industrial estate as i notice your a fellow telforder :angry:

Guest cslcraig

there weber dcoe's. i have the mishab's on now but i cannot tignten the one up to tight incase it cracks again but tommorrow i will try to take them half a turn more hopefully that might stop it.

PsychoSimon

the carbs should have a bit of movement in them, thats the point of the rubber mounts. do you have the springs on the nuts as well? sometimes you can get rubbers which go on the nuts.

i used to find a smear of vasaline helped a great deal as well around all of the mating surfaces.

pm me if you have any problems, i can get stuff welded as well (work at the depot) if you do break it again.

Regards,

Si

Sign in to follow this