• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-hysteria

De-locked Tailgate

gti-hysteria

Can any one tell me how easy it is to fit a boot release solenoid on a cti tailgate, thanx guys.

Gentrix
Can any one tell me how easy it is to fit a boot release solenoid on a cti tailgate, thanx guys.

Hi - you can see the Basic installation on this Page. It´s in german, but you can well see the needed modification to the Lockmechanism.

For further questions to the wiring, I have a few other pictures later.

DIY on Peugeotforum.de

Edited by Gentrix

gti-hysteria

thanx for that mate will have a look 2mo at getting the welder out

M@tt

sorry for the revival but i have used the method detailed above to create a boot release for my smoothed tailgate but i have a slight problem

the problem i have is that when the solenoid fires and pushes the arm therefore pushing the release button the solenoid remains fairly hard and therefore keeps the button pressed down and so prevents the catch from catching again when the boot is shut.

As a sort of fix i have wired up the boot release switch(old electric window switch) so that once you push it to release the boot if you push the button the other way it pulls the solenoid back. This isn't a major problem but i want to be able to get it working with my remote alarm/ central locking and this would just cause added complications.

Any one have any sufggestions as to a fix? or how the other people who have doen this solved the problem

Gentrix

Hi Matt,

yes I know what you are talking about.

The best solution is to use a different Solenoid. Just use one of the "smooth-door-Kits" which you can buy everythere.

They look like this

c7_1_b.JPG

then I strapped a rubberband and a cabletie together, to get the Arm back and out of the way, but mainly to prevent rattle noises. *g*

normal_mai%2005%20sonycam%20041.jpg

And this is there I put the release Button, so no passenger can open the Hatch while driving

mai%2005%20sonycam%20005.jpg

M@tt

cheers i was also thinking of some elastic or a rubber band as i tried a spring but it was too strong. i'll dig out some laccy bands in that case.

Oh and i've fitted a relay so that the release will only open when the engine is off as like you said i dont fancy an instant spoiler if someone touches it by accident -_-

thanks

gti-hysteria

iv fitted mine on my cti now, i didnt have any problems with the releasing, my solenoind id the cable type which slackens off as soon as its pulsed.

d-9

Matt - my 106 boot release is done with the standard central locking solnoid, hooked up to the boot catch with a bit of wire, it has a spring to pull it back into the closed position, seems to work well but im glad i didnt have to do it (already done when i bought the bootlid)

M@tt

my boot central locking solenoid was on its last legs as sounded very painful when locking or unlocking so i replaced it with one of the new motors i got as part of the 4 door set from maplins only thing is they were quite a bit bigger than the origial one so unfortunealy couldn't sit above the button otherwise i would have given that a try and so hence needed to make that bracket thing as shown in the above link.

Thanks for the comments i'll let you know how i get on this weekend

Jrod

Another revial here but I'm confused.

The lock needs to be pushed forwards to open so how do you make the solenoid open it by pulling it sideways? :lol:<_<

Gentrix

have a close look at the above link I posted earlier. You will find, that the push lever has been extended so that the L-shape lever can push it down.

You have to weld a small bracket to the mechanism to attach the L-lever.

GLPoomobile
Oh and i've fitted a relay so that the release will only open when the engine is off as like you said i dont fancy an instant spoiler if someone touches it by accident :lol:

How about connecting the relay to the handbrake warning light wiring? I'm s*it with electrics but it was just a thought I had. If it is doable then it would mean you wouldn;t have to turn off the engine to operate the solenoid, just have to have the handbrake on.

M@tt

yes that certainly is another option although the other thing to consider is that the handbrake warning light is also connected to the brake pad wear sensor so if your pads are worn you could also activate the boot but i'd imagine most people will change their pads if their light came on anyway

Gentrix

I think placing the button in the door-pillar and connecting it to a permanent current is the best method.

I had one button in the Ashtray beneath the clock on an other car - and this was connected to ingnition-current.

This was such an awful way to open the boot. First creeping in the car to turn the key an then pressed the button. You can get very pissed of that after a few times.

taster.jpg

Henry Yorke

I found the best way in my XS was to put an electric window switch in the roof console blanks. It was powered off the interior light feed.

Sign in to follow this