• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Gti Side Trim On Base Model..

timmsy19

hi guys... just a quick 1. ive heard that the gti side trim cant be fitted to lower base model 205's because the front wings are diffrent shape. Is this the case and is so would buying a gti lookalike trim say from a 3rd party web site be of any use to me? Also is it possible to fit the gti front wings to my base model 205. ive already done the front valence. If this way would be alot of hassle i am thinking of rallye arches but will i have the same problem?

Thanks for any help

Graham

Jonmurgie

Yes the GTi kit won't fit straight onto a base model 205... not only are the front wings different (and yes you can swap the wings if you like) but the rear arches are cut a LOT higher than a base model. It can be done though, I'm sure.

I guess your best bet is to get an aftermarket kit that's designed to go onto a base model, though it won't look as good as the proper GTi stuff...

timmsy19

thanks m8 what about the rallye arch idea or other arches say from ecosse or something will i have the same problem?

if its alot of work to fit these i might just stay with the smooth look street sleeper

DaveW

please dont buy that gti look-a-like kit as its s*it and poorly made for the money they want for it.

timmsy19
please dont buy that gti look-a-like kit as its s*it and poorly made for the money they want for it.

ok thats good enough for me.

blueice

Like that one you sold me Dave? :unsure:

I've still got it but never got round to fitting...

DaveW

lol did i sell i it to you :unsure: brillant kit infact ;)i think it was grey when i got it, i was not too happy for what i payed too!

Kriss

Just put a gti front bumper and rear valance on it. I've got that on m 1.1, looks the part. Just need to finish painting the rear valance though

timmsy19
Just put a gti front bumper and rear valance on it. I've got that on m 1.1, looks the part. Just need to finish painting the rear valance though

ive got the front valance fitted just got to source a white rear valance to go with it.

Kriss with the rear valance did you have to change the back box.

Kriss

not at all. There was no cutting needed to the valance either. Fits perfectly.

timmsy19
not at all. There was no cutting needed to the valance either. Fits perfectly.

thing is the back box was changed a couple of months ago and sits very snugly in the standard bumper i have fitted where as the gti one curves down around it.

would it be much of a problem to just fir a sportex back box instead of the original as i belive it sits lower

gti-hysteria

sports back box should go on no problem as long as it aint 6inch tailpipe, as for the arches i think ecosse ones will all be based on gti arches, but i think the 205 rallye ahd the same arches as a base model could be wrong tho.

Sign in to follow this