• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest smokinslim

Cj, Cti Or 309 Track Control Arms?

Guest smokinslim

:) My dilemma is this...

I drive a CJ (what remains of the original kit is anyway!) with CTi front dampers and JR lowering springs, and my track arm bushes have about had it. I know i could just replace the bushes, the ball joints are still good, but i want to explore all the options and see what will be most beneficial. Popular opinion on here seems to be that stock bushes are best if i do end up taking that route.

I know that CTis are equipped with track arms not wishbones like GTis, but are they the same size as on my CJ? GSF don't list seperate parts for the two. Presumably the CTi ones would be better if they are different, or do i go for 309 track arms? If i do go for the 309 ones i guess the tracking will have to be reset, but will the steering rack, ARB, etc fit as they should or would these have to be changed also?

Eventually i will have to change to GTi wishbone setup as i'm running 195/15s and the track arm bushes aren't really up to the job, i fitted the arms i have now (new) last march and i've know they're on the way out for a few months now. Unfortunately i've to many other bits in the pipeline at the mo.

If anyone can shed some light on the various arms tho it would be very much appreciated.

Regards S.

Phil H

AFAIK CJ & CTI suspension arms are the same part.

If you fit 309 arms, you will probably need longer driveshafts to match.

Anthony

I'm pretty sure that all the 205 base model track arms are the same, be it CJ, CTi, or any of the non-GTi tin tops.

I'd guess the 309 arms will be approx 10mm longer than the 205 ones, much like the difference between 205 and 309 GTi wishbones, but I've never really paid much attention to the base model suspension setup and hence it's only an educated guess.

Guest smokinslim
If you fit 309 arms, you will probably need longer driveshafts to match.

I've recently replaced one shaft, and hoping the weather will allow me to do the other one tomorrow.

I've noticed in a couple of topics mention of fitting spacers on the shafts, but the information was vague at best.

Sign in to follow this