• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edp

Loss Of Power

Edp

Took the Mi for a good thrash earlier down to West Sussex to do some work for a mate. Arrived at his gaff, Mi performing superb and carried out the work. Left his place and went to the local petrol station, put 15 quids worth in and went into pay. . .

Came out started her up and drove to the exit, waited for some traffic to pass then noticed a gap coming which meant pulling out a bit sharpesh, foot on the power into the middle of the road then nothing :P:( . .

s*it myself and floored the car power came on then went again, (it never stalled, just loss of power) by now i had managed to get the car onto the opposite path and put my hazards on. Sat there for a second having thoughts of ringing mates with towing ropes etc and let the car idle, which it did fine. After about a minute i put it into first and slowly pushed the go pedal, she picked up fine into second no problem, off the path onto the road and floored it. It drove fine all the way home 40 miles. Even managed to beat a Audi S3 off the lights in Dorking :unsure:. .

Now the south east has seen loads of rain and standing water on the roads, i was just wondering am i suffering from a bit of damp or is the engine about to grenade?

Ed

P.S Its never played up once since the engines been in approx 2500 miles.

Richie-Van-GTi

possibly disturbed some crap when filling and temporarily block the fuel pick up.

taylorspug

Doesnt sound serious Ed, could be something like a bit of dirt in the TPS. Wouldnt say the engine is at fault, you would have more warning signs of that. :unsure:

Edp
possibly disturbed some crap when filling and temporarily block the fuel pick up.

Doesnt sound serious Ed, could be something like a bit of dirt in the TPS. Wouldnt say the engine is at fault, you would have more warning signs of that. :P

Cheers for the super fast replys lads, I didnt think it was too serious as the engine didn't stall, no funny noises or the like. Apart from that it performed as usual, I just love dropping it into third and bringing the cam on :unsure:

Ed

maxi
Cheers for the super fast replys lads, I didnt think it was too serious as the engine didn't stall, no funny noises or the like. Apart from that it performed as usual, I just love dropping it into third and bringing the cam on :)

Ed

Ed, you should have given me a call if you were down this way!! Where abouts in West Sussex were you?? Sounds odd the way it played about, do the obvious and just check all electrical plugs are on securely.

The engine wont go bang as Matt completely rebuilt that unit didnt he?!?!

If you have any more probs give me a shout!

Maxi

Sign in to follow this